All went well, I used an IDE cable and labelled each wire with a piece of tape so I knew where it went on the LCD. When I checked the voltage at the beginning I had 5.65v so it was out of spec, I discovered that D13 had the wrong diode fitted in a previous repair, once I changed this to the correct part it dropped to 4.7v so I assumed this would be okay.
Had one small problem though, the ribbon connector for the membrane, seemed to be missing some conductive traces on the edge so causing problems with the keypads and the led not always lighting so had no choice but to trim or part of th damaged edge, but seems to be fine now. If all else fails I reckon I might have to get another menbrane fom another unit. I dont want to have to recap another board and start over!
It fired up first time and I was super impressed by the quality of the screen. The Lynx game developers never could have envisioned that we would ever see the detail which was included in the game graphics and the absolutely fantastic colours on screen, so vibrant and colourful. iPad photos dont do it justice.
Edited by allthingsanalogue, Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:44 PM.