IGNORED

Chris Schneider's -- NEW NEWSLETTER

Omega-TI

All,
The September issue of the SHIFT838 Newsletter is out!
I have sent it to all my subscribers and below are links:
Web view:
PDF View:
I'll be working on getting it up in a text file format to Heatwave next day or so. This one has some pictures so those will not be on the DV80 format.
I have noticed that on Windows 10 and the new Edge internet browser the PDF does not pull open. It does in other browsers like Chrome, etc. So if you get a error with Windows 10 and Edge that states:
'Couldn't open PDF'
'Something’s keeping this PDF from opening.'
There is a quick fix for it.

Left click on the 3 dots at top right of Edge browser then click on open with Internet Explorer. You will then have to navigate back to the http://shift838.wix.com/shift838page and the newsletter section, then click on the PDF newsletter link. Adds a couple of seconds but works. Or you can just downloaded it from the FTP site with a FTP client and view.

Thanks,

Edited by Cschneider
  • Like 8

Awesome. The interview with TheMole is very interesting. Cannot await this new game :)

And I like the idea to have it on a cartridge, and with auto-recko F18A/9938.

The assembly-stuff is hard for me to read, but as I make fine printouts from the newsletters,

there´ll be many more chances to bang that into my head :)

thx again to Chris for great work

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I have been really busy with work and have not had much time to work on it. Also I have not received much information about Tony from other users that were close with him and/or had more direct friendships with him.. definitely not enough to dedicate a newsletter to completely.

I was hoping to have at least a few pages to be able to publish at minimum. I am still waiting on a few emails that will hopefully have some good content about Gazoo.

I know there are plenty of comments that people would have, but getting them to sit down and get them sent probably is an issue as I am sure it can be hard to think of when your mind dwells on how could this happen to someone so young type of thoughts.

Edited by Cschneider
  • Like 1

I carved out some time tonight to start working on the newsletter. I have been making notes for the past couple of weeks of things I wanted to put in it so it is coming along nicely.

I was not able to dedicate the whole Newsletter to Gazoo, but I have a couple of pages for about Tony.

I am waiting on a couple of more loose ends to tie up and put in before I can release it. It should be a good read for everyone I think.

• Like 2

I have finished my final edits for this months newsletter. Took a little longer since I have a major project going on at work.

And I already have things a couple of interviews/discussion topics to be covered in the next 2 newsletters!

I will have it out next day or so.

• Like 1

All,

The October issue of the SHIFT838 Newsletter is out!

I have sent it to all my subscribers and below are links:

Web view:

PDF View:

I'll be working on getting it up in a text file format to Heatwave next day or so. This one has some pictures so those will not be on the DV80 format.

I have noticed that on Windows 10 and the new Edge internet browser the PDF does not pull open. It does in other browsers like Chrome, etc. So if you get a error with Windows 10 and Edge that states:

'Couldn't open PDF'

'Something’s keeping this PDF from opening.'

There is a quick fix for it.

Left click on the 3 dots at top right of Edge browser then click on open with Internet Explorer. You will then have to navigate back to the http://shift838.wix.com/shift838pageand the newsletter section, then click on the PDF newsletter link. Adds a couple of seconds but works. Or you can just downloaded it from the FTP site with a FTP client and view.

Thanks,

• Like 8

Very nice, indeed, Chris! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I discovered a typo in my SCREENDISPLAY Assembly tutorial in the comments for "START LI R0,>01B0". The end of the last line for that section of comments should obviously read "and LSB=setting=(>B0)". Sorry I did not catch that before publication.

...lee

• 3 weeks later...