IGNORED

atari2600land's Blog - Clowns

RSS Bot

For the longest time, I wondered why the stupid joystick wasn't working. So I tried paddles. They didn't want to move either. Then I discovered the secret way to start this game: Press fire on the right set of paddles (I was using the paddles for the 2600), THEN F1 for a one-player game. Then the game started to work. The title screen should say "Press fire if you're using a controller." I apparently played this when I was a kid, but I sure don't remember doing it. The game involves a seesaw and jumping clowns, like Circus Atari does. Only the game annoyingly freezes when you clear a row of the yellow balloons and says "BONUS 200" then when you press fire you lose a life because the guy up in the air goes crazy and you never know where he's going to land. So the game sometimes relies on pure luck, which is dumb. That and the only concern I had for this game is there is no color red. When I design a game, if I can, I make sure to use at least red, blue, green and red, to make the game colorful. And the "Clowns" that the title screen refers to are just silhouette people in white. So the title of the game really should be "idiots with a seesaw trying to pop balloons in the sky." I guess that didn't fit on the label. Well, at least I figured out how to make the seesaw move anyway. I thought the dumb game was broken. But fortunately I gave the eBay seller positive feedback because I was sure something on my end wasn't working well. So in the end, if you have a fear of clowns, it should be OK to play this, unless you have a fear of stupid games. then don't.

http://atariage.com/forums/blog/168/entry-11655-clowns/