IGNORED

FINALLY got a limited edition console!

Unbeliever

Well, I thought I'd post this picture today and spread the love:

post-440-0-63283200-1421765569_thumb.jpg

Found this at Gamestop the other day and had to get it. Unfortunately, since it was "used", it only came with one controller and no game. I'm assuming the guy that sold it to Gamestop kept one controller and the game for himself. However, it is in perfect working condition, no scratches/scuffs, and is a thing of beauty. This is now my preferred console of choice...and I have a lot of collecting to do for this system.

This is the FIRST time I've had a custom (limited) edition console, and I am in nerd-heaven. My gaming bliss is full to capacity. :D

Steve

Edited by wolfpaw1966

Those are pretty cool collector systems. :)

The power button and eject button sound effects are cool, and I like the blue rings versus the green. It's just a phenomenal system overall, and I am very happy with my purchase. Too bad I didn't get a second controller or the game, but that's okay...it was the only one they had. Pricing them on Ebay, they don't seem in too high a demand at the moment.I paid more than most of the Ebay auctions, however. :(

Thanks for the pictures. I have to tear myself away from Diablo 3 to get started on Halo 4.

Thanks for the list. I had no idea there were that many Xbox 360 variations in the wild.

Oh, before I forget..I thought I'd post some follow-up info on the power brick that came with this unit. It seems to be overheating on a regular basis, I'm assuming because the fan in the unit stopped working, so at this point I'm keeping a smaller exterior fan on it that seems to work for keeping the unit cool until I can buy a replacement.

Was this a "common" thing with the slims? How often was the fan reported failing?

-Steve

Edited by wolfpaw1966

Thanks for the list. I had no idea there were that many Xbox 360 variations in the wild.

Oh, before I forget..I thought I'd post some follow-up info on the power brick that came with this unit. It seems to be overheating on a regular basis, I'm assuming because the fan in the unit stopped working, so at this point I'm keeping a smaller exterior fan on it that seems to work for keeping the unit cool until I can buy a replacement.

Was this a "common" thing with the slims? How often was the fan reported failing?

-Steve

You mean the fan in the 360 unit? I don't think it is very common. You used to hear about the older units over heating all the time, but not the Slims.

No, sorry. I meant the power supply itself, on a newer "S" model. The fan seems to have died in the unit and the power unit over heats. The Xbox 360 itself is fine, just the power supply. If I keep a small fan on it the unit doesn't over heat. Was this a common or rare occurrence for the newer slimline model power supplies?