IGNORED

Atari 5200 joystick alternatives

coleco82

Grips03's joystick looks like a great product, but I don't think it can play the analog-only games like Missile Command, Centipede, Star Wars, etc. (Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.)

I believe the only self-centering stick that can play all 5200 games is the Wico. And if you need a good keypad to go with it, you'll also want the Wico keypad. (You can use the stick without the keypad, but that requires a Wico Y-cable and an original 5200 stick with working keypad buttons.). To get the Wico stuff is a bit pricy unfortunately, but they work very well indeed, at least in my opinion. It's been my stick of choice for the 5200 HSC for a few years now.

Grips03's joystick looks like a great product, but I don't think it can play the analog-only games like Missile Command, Centipede, Star Wars, etc. (Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.)

I believe the only self-centering stick that can play all 5200 games is the Wico. And if you need a good keypad to go with it, you'll also want the Wico keypad. (You can use the stick without the keypad, but that requires a Wico Y-cable and an original 5200 stick with working keypad buttons.). To get the Wico stuff is a bit pricy unfortunately, but they work very well indeed, at least in my opinion. It's been my stick of choice for the 5200 HSC for a few years now.

Yeah, this is digital controller, not analog so some games won't work.

I found my old testing doc and Missile Command won't work as it needs analog, Centipede does work but moves too fast (so it does not play so good IMO), Star Wars I never tested. Games like Ms. Pacman, Defender, Moon Patrol, etc. work very well. I also sell 4-way gate option for games like Ms. Pacman.

its easy to make a pcgameport to 5200 adapter there is multitudes of pc joysticks that are decent (avoid suncom brand)

a couple years ago i would have helped you out but i'm too lazy now

the 5 analog required games are mislile command,star wars,gorf,kaboom,superbreakout

games where analog is a help, poleposition,centipede,galaxian,choplifter these are just a few off my head

• Like 1