IGNORED

What size TV do you play your Atari & retro games on?

sloth-machine

• 5 weeks later...

Funny, I was searching for this thread yesterday for guidance while I was Craigslisting. I'm flopped on the couch right now after getting a free 27-inch Trinitron up a tiny, precarious stairwell to our third-floor downtown walkup, only almost dying twice. I've been playing on my cheapo Dynex 42" plasma until now, but this Sony went in the bedroom, just because my wife found it for free last night.

If I ever have to move it again, I'm going to smash it into little pieces and take it downstairs in small boxes.

But I gotta say, it does look really, REALLY good for games.

Edited by mikey.shake

29" Panasonic CRT. Have just picked up a 21" CRT that I will use rotated for STGs.

Have a few consoles plugged into a Sony 32" LCD which works really well with Sega Saturn etc. also has VGA for my Dreamcast.

A 27" Sanyo LCD HD tv. I also have a 19" RCA picked up for $3 in mint condition from the goodwill store used predominetley for light gun games. I use mainly my 4 switch woody for my 2600 gaming and even the 7800. I like my heavy sixer, light sixer, and vader to be kept in pristine condition.

post-32978-0-18432100-1428444724_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Retrogamer81081
  • Like 1

I grew up playing atari (well, video games in general) on a 13" TV (old GE in my case, cable only, mono) For Atari it's perfect. I would occasionally sneak it into the living room and play on our console TV (25 or 27", don't know, but some of the gmaes had funny stereo sound effects on that old TV)

Now days I play on a 19" Stereo CRT most of the time. I don't really like how the games look on an LCD, but this size of CRT just feels right.

• 3 weeks later...

I just use an old Panasonic 14" CRT. I've tried to play VCS games on an LCD screen but, for me, they just look awful and I've sometimes found some kind of lag between joystick and screen. One of the untouchable positives of the VCS is just how responsive the games are. To lose that immediacy because of a modern telly is just something I'm not willing to put up with.

CRT tellys are easily found for free these days and small ones (like mine) don't really take up that much space.

PS: This thread should've been a poll. :)

I play on this usually..

post-40395-0-97982500-1430254859_thumb.jpg

It's an 81 Sony VideoScope projector TV. It's over fifty inches but the whole screen isn't filled up, so.. I also use it for movies and other game systems.

When in the arcade I play on one of these for Atari..

This one has a Gemini and I think it's a nineteen inch screen..

post-40395-0-45617000-1430255009_thumb.jpg

And this one has a 7800 and also a nineteen inch screen..

post-40395-0-10074200-1430255106_thumb.jpg

I also play on computer screens with emulators, but prefer CRT over all the others.

Flashback 2 or YOBO (NES clone): 40" SONY LCD in lvg rm

All other consoles: 20" Sanyo hand-me-down

I also have a Magnavox 20"(?) LCD hooked up to my "Launch Day" PS2 inside an ATARI Kangaroo cab. I play classic arcde compilations on it (NAMCO, Taito, Capcom, etc)

• Like 1