22 members have voted

1. 1. Pick the game for round 1!

• Jr Pac-Man
    • World Karate Championship
    • Gyruss
    • Pooyan
    • Gauntletak

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

We have plenty of suggestions so let's get things moving. Checkout the Season 12 Welcome and Games List if you are reading this and wonder what the heck is going on!

Any problems getting things to run post for help.

Poll will close Sunday 10am or sooner if we get a clear winner.

Jr Pac-Man

So you're this little yellow guy... you know the drill eat dots, pills, ghosts; yes I'm sure they will not eat you! Nice version with a scrolling maze. Played back in Season 8

Fandal / atarimania.com

jr_pacman.png

World Karate Championship (also known as International Karate)

Beat up your HSC rivals! Very nice game and now it's even better. After a few goes you can make some progress, learn a few of the moves on the 2 player game then take it out on the computer opponents.

Original Fandal / Atarimania IK / atarimania WKC or enhanced 2014 version with London! Fandal

world_karate_championship.png international_karate_enhanced_version_20

Gyruss

Superb shooter with fantastic music. May still have a glitch but you can live with it although perhaps not as it may cost you a man!

Fandal / Atarimania

gyruss.png

Pooyan

Fun classic arrow firing, balloon popping, apple avoiding game, a little bit easy for top players as dishes out extra men too readily but we can cap this. Mind that boulder! Also played in Season 8

Fandal / Atarimania Hey there's a French version too atarimania :)

pooyan.png

Gauntlet(ak) not the Dungeons and Dragons Gauntlet!

Very interesting space shooter

There are two versions Gauntlet 1984 Fandal / atarimania and Gauntletak 1987 Fandal / atarimania which I think was when the game was eventually released. Not sure if they play the same. I'll leave DoctorClu to advise on the best options for this one - even if it doesn't win the poll would be nice to know for future play :) (space toggles weapons)

gauntletak.png

I wasn't sure if we can vote for more than one game this round, so I just voted for one (Pooyan). I used to play it all the time on the C64, and it would be fun to give it a go on the good 'ole Atari!

It's back to single votes this season - runner up game will go into the next poll!

Details on the Welcome post ;)