IGNORED

Intellivisionaries episode 16 is live!

Happy New Year! In this episode, we review the Mattel / INTV Corp. release of Thunder Castle. We interview the designers and programmers of the game, Connie Goldman and David Warhol. We also have a listener interview with Australian Intellivision enthusiast Harmik Khoronian. And there’s plenty of Feedback, News, George and the Odyssey 2 in this one too.

http://intellivisionaries.com

• Like 7

Yeah, that's a cool / simple mod, Gonna have to do that to at least one of mine. I think Rick was getting at having a separate switch for power, while retaining the existing reset button.

Listened to this episode at work today -- great work as always guys! Loved the interviews and the deep dive on Thunder Castle.

I tried this game for the first time a few weeks ago on my Flashback but while I was impressed with the graphics and music I thought the game was kind of slow and confusing and put it down after a few minutes. Now you've made me want to try it again this weekend and spend some serious time on it.

Your robot voice is always welcome to join us on the SNES Podcast if he wishes to jump ship. ;)

You're doing MATH games next month? I'm calling it now -- 2 hour episode. :P

Oh, and for the record -- I LOVE Combos! :thumbsup: (pizza for the win!)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Next up: Learning Fun? Learning Fun??? Again you'll sidestep the category that set the Intellivison apart from other systems of the day – sports titles? Baseball(s) is the only episode so far out of the 16 to cover this important part of the Intv catalog. May I humbly suggest that football(s) would be an excellent choice for an upcoming installment. Heck, I'll even get you started...

Please ask Keith why the tackled player looks so much like the trucker mudflap girl. Did the programmers have long commutes to work that kept them stuck in traffic behind 18 wheelers? Were truck stops a favorite gathering place for the Blue Sky Rangers?

Once you notice the strong resemblance to the mudflap silhouette, all sorts of disturbing images start showing up at the end of plays. Get the kids out of the room!

post-39531-0-32728000-1423587943.pngpost-39531-0-86749500-1423587943.pngpost-39531-0-35317100-1423587944.png

But seriously, I love the podcasts, and this latest on Thunder Castle has me wanting to check out a game I've barely looked at. Thanks for continuing to put out such a fun, quality show. Oh, and please, please consider reviewing the football games. :)

• Like 2