IGNORED

Atari 8-bit Software Preservation Initiative

Farb

Could someone with real hardware check Kevins dumps, apart from a couple of CLOAD'ers there seems to be many that are broken, I've tried multiple variations, got the Chess working, Page Flipping, IRIDIS as well, the Avalon game sounds wrong, way too high but not a turbo tape.

Altirra is fine but I've been playing with the profiles part and made a few silly errors and screwed up the odd profile...They should be fine now but I just want to be sure..

But thank you so much Kevin, yet another wonderful set of additions, you sir, are a Hero...

Agreed, these are great. Thanks Kevin!

Could someone with real hardware check Kevins dumps, apart from a couple of CLOAD'ers there seems to be many that are broken...

There are in our processing queue and will hopefully be analyzed soon.

Agreed, these are great. Thanks Kevin!

There are in our processing queue and will hopefully be analyzed soon.

Thanks, btw, the Avalon Hill game is ok, I didn't at the time notice that I was trying to load a TRS80 / Apple version of the game (no wonder it sounded odd) :)

• Like 1

Got all of them going in the end, things like Lunar Lander has un-needed audio data / random noise at the start which throws it, if you get to the next bit of the cas and CLOAD from there it works fine, basically some need a clean up or Need OSA, NTSC or are CLOADs

• Like 1

Kevin, WOW, what should I write, what I haven't written before? That is soooo fantastic, if the year starts that big, what else can come up to the light?

Thank you sooo much, that is a really big find! Especially, Microchess, WOW!!!

The Boomtown Rats:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Boomtown_Rats

once sung I Don't Like Mondays, but if Mondays are of that kind, I really like them, even more, I love them! :-)

Thank you so much! :-)))

Still trying to get the Prowiiter demo to work but did you realise you put up just jpg's for Energy Czar and the Page Flipping cas?

Paul..

Edit: Initial tests say all but 3 seem ok, the Prowriter demo seems to have issues as does the Santa Cruz Display lists and the Unspecified publisher - Basics of Animation - copy 2 - 1sided.wav...

And yes, the last batch seem to be Tricky tutorials..

Stellar Shuttle and the first Basics of animation needed the duplicate B sides to work

Edited by Mclaneinc

This title absolutely REQUIRES OS-A, no exception.

I am honestly confused about which ATRs of the official Atari Translator Disk is OS-A and which is OS-B.

I have one ATR labeled XLTRANSLATOR-A and one labeled XLTRANSLATOR-B. On the original disk, Side A was confusingly OS-B and Side B was OS-A. So what are the ATR "A" and "B" denominations telling me? Original disk side labeling or OS versions?

Or maybe I just worry too much. :P

Still trying to get the Prowiiter demo to work but did you realise you put up just jpg's for Energy Czar and the Page Flipping cas?

oops

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1tgngazsh3uunrh/Atari%20-%20Energy%20Czar%20-%201sided.wav.zip?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/h5tqjpc476aa55r/Unspecified%20publisher%20-%20Page%20Flipping%20-%201sided.wav.zip?dl=0

I don't understand what you mean.

—Kevin

On the dumps you supplied there were some dumps with an a and b sides, normally they stick a copy of the what is on the a side on the b side of the tape in case there's any load problems so you have 2 versions of the same game or util to try, in my case the A sides would not load but the copy b sides did...

Edit: The reposts of the tapes instead of JPG's are ok, both work..

Edited by Mclaneinc

On the dumps you supplied there were some dumps with an a and b sides, normally they stick a copy of the what is on the a side on the b side of the tape in case there's any load problems so you have 2 versions of the same game or util to try, in my case the A sides would not load but the copy b sides did...

Edit: The reposts of the tapes instead of JPG's are ok, both work..

It's National Turn Your Atari Cassettes into Wav Files Week so I have been converting many of my cassettes to wav files and I find that many times the 'side b' recordings work much better. Not sure why. Maybe they are less dirty because they were loaded less back in the day?

Allan