IGNORED

Atarimax flash usb programmer

chart45

I just downloaded and installed the latest version of the Maxflash Studio Software which is now at v2.9. I see that Steve has now added support for dumping "Activision banked cartridges (64kB)" as well as an interestingly named new feature, "Start Connection Assistance LED". I've asked Steve what this feature does over in the AtariMax forums but thought I'd also ask the question here in case someone knows.

thanks i can now play boxxel in coolcv but is there some plan to be able to play those rom in the atarimax sd?

Steve gave me a little info about the new LED connection assistance feature"

"There are a few new cartridges that have split power/ground pins and have issues connecting properly with the edge connector on the adapter (or even in the consoles for some people). This feature will cause the LED on the interface to only illuminate once all the pins are making good contact. Once the LED is lit in this mode, go ahead and try to perform the dump."

So, plug in the programmer to your computer, select the "Start Connection LED Assistance" feature in the MaxFlash Studio software and the programmers LED will start to slowly blink. Plug in a cart to the adapter and only when the LED stays on continuously is the cart properly connected and recognised and ready for dumping.