IGNORED

COLLECTORVISION - Official Thread for PRINCESS QUEST

Rev

Played Princess Quest on the Colecovision FB last night and since I did the reverse fire button mod on my controllers, notice right button jumps and left fires in this game. As if it wasn't difficult enough for this aging right hander!! :lol:

Oscar, out of curiosity, wondering if on the Intellivision controllers, you give the player the option to flip controls. Ie: top left jumps/top right fires, bottom left fires/bottom right jumps...

Played Princess Quest on the Colecovision FB last night and since I did the reverse fire button mod on my controllers, notice right button jumps and left fires in this game. As if it wasn't difficult enough for this aging right hander!! :lol:

Oscar, out of curiosity, wondering if on the Intellivision controllers, you give the player the option to flip controls. Ie: top left jumps/top right fires, bottom left fires/bottom right jumps...

Hmmm. No options for switching buttons. Besides in Intellivison the top left / top right buttons are wired together.

Hmmm. No options for switching buttons. Besides in Intellivison the top left / top right buttons are wired together.

Oh duh! I knew that. :lol:

For the heck of it, I did try playing as a lefty on the CFB and with the ball mod, was actually not too shabby at it! Still ended up getting my ass handed to me though. lol

• Like 1

Yep, mine too (+ Flapee Bird). Played just a bit earlier today - it's still very hard, but maybe not quite as hard as the demo some of us got to sample at CGE (???). I got to the second boss before dying. A run-run-run strategy didn't work so well for me, as I ended up getting mobbed by lots of enemies anytime I slowed down for a ladder. But you do need to keep moving.

• Like 1

Received mine yesterday. Great job on this--both the game and packaging.

I like the Colecovision version a hair better, but this conversion is as close as I believe one can get for the Intellivision and it is yet another game that pushes the system to new limits.

Have made it to the third level twice now, but not to the third boss. I like this level best in the game so far but I'm starting to get the nagging suspicion there's no end to it. Seems longer than the first two combined.

And that second boss...yeeeeeesh. I have only been able to kill it using a special weapon picked up about halfway through that level. Even then, my "fire" finger wants to cramp up after killing it.

And what is the deal with some areas that look to be impossible to get to? There is one area on the second level that looks to be especially intriguing as it is isolated at the top of the screen and has a bit of ladder hanging down. There are also some straggly red lines hanging from it (vines?) but you can't seem to climb those. Am I missing something here or are these just window decoration?

• Like 1