IGNORED

Retro Gaming Groups?

mightywiz

I used to have "Retrocade" parties at my place for a few years. AA member Scrabbler15 attended one of my parties and he brought the medal that he won from the Centipede championship which was really cool to see.

I'm only aware of one other AA member that lives near me because I bought the Squish 'Em 2600 cart from him - we met at a strip mall parking lot to make the deal. I forget who it was.

I would always have things setup and ready to go on Friday night and the parties were Saturday night. Here's a tour of the setup from my last Retrocade party:

http://youtu.be/xTjlPaMdFsw

• Like 4

The same friends I played Intellivision, Colecovision and NES with when I was a kid come over and play on the exact same consoles we used as kids (the only upgrades are the 80" Sharp TV, Beer in place of Coke, and having my own house). It's completely mind-boggling to be using the same systems from the late 70's and early 80's and most especially when we crack open a new homebrew and find ourselves playing a 'new' game on the same Colecovision console we used as kids over 30 years ago.

I used to have "Retrocade" parties at my place for a few years. AA member Scrabbler15 attended one of my parties and he brought the medal that he won from the Centipede championship which was really cool to see.

I'm only aware of one other AA member that lives near me because I bought the Squish 'Em 2600 cart from him - we met at a strip mall parking lot to make the deal. I forget who it was.

I would always have things setup and ready to go on Friday night and the parties were Saturday night. Here's a tour of the setup from my last Retrocade party:

http://youtu.be/xTjlPaMdFsw

Wow... Just WOW ....

Well I own a classic video game store (going on 9 years now) in corpus Christi tx, and I just opened our party room connected to the store for families who want a retro party. We got like 17 classic arcade machines and 2 Mario pinball machines. I just added a 3d high def projector and redid the flooring. So I think I am perfect to start one up.

If anyone is interested in joining (all games are on free play) and starting and running a group and make new friends I can offer my store and party room.

If anyone cares I can post some pictures of the room and store.

I am very interested in starting a south Texas retro /gaming con or fest and figure this is a good start.

Edited by imstarryeyed
  • Like 1

Here in the UK there are a couple of monthly retro gaming meets. One in Manchester the other in Birmingham. Both are held in pubs. The one in Birmingham tends to have much more people than the Manchester one does. I try to attend these as often as possible, but work gets in the way too much. Have to say that machine wise they trend to be SNES/MD era & up. Not much love for early gen stuff which is a shame