IGNORED

Jaguar HSC Revamped, SEASON 7, ROUND 8

twoquickcapri

Jaguar HSC Revamped, SEASON 7, ROUND 8

(Round Over)

post-19213-0-92510700-1424678809_thumb.jpg

RULES AND DIRECTIONS:

Play a game from the first level on Breakout 2000 mode, Normal Skill level, play until game over. (Not classic, and not Plus).

If you are not familiar with the Jaguar HSC general rules and how the scoring system works, please visit this thread here: http://www.atariage....son-5-schedule/. It is recommended that you take a photo of your score, but it is not required. We go on good faith here, so please be honest.. icon_smile.gif

Breakout 2000 SCORES:
  • masematte - 52,498(+9)
  • Isgoed - 21,551(+6)
  • Spacey Invader - 18,087(+3)
  • twoquickcapri - 17,300(+1)
  • travistouchdown - 16,253(+1)
  • mckafka99 - 15,359(+1)
  • jblenkle - 4,244(+1)
  • roadrunner - 3,970(+1)

The Current Jaguar HSC Rankings:
  • masematte - (55 pts)
  • Isgoed - (48 pts)
  • Spacey Invader - (21 pts)
  • mckafka99 - (13 pts)
  • twoquickcapri - (10 pts)
  • Austin - (9 pts +1 Rage Bonus)
  • travistouchdown - (8 pts)
  • doctorclu - (6 pts)
  • roadrunner - (6 pts)
  • jblenkle - (5 pts)
  • CyranoJ - (2 pts -1 Hack Bonus)
  • atariLBC - (1 pts)
  • atari2600land - (1 pts)
  • JagChris - (1 pts)
  • LinkoVitch - (1 pts)

Edited by twoquickcapri

Well don't have Breakout 2000 and the Jaguar Sector 2 prototype rom doesn't seem to be working. So a great time to try out either Impulse or Cj's port of Arkanoid 2. See you again March 9th.

Edited by doctorclu

That's weird, with both Sillyventure and V2 the proto rom works for me.

The Sillyventure board is different though, as my Painter SE rom works fine on the V2 board and not on the Sillyventure (red/white rotating skunkboard screen after flashing).

Edited by Isgoed

post-40055-0-90322700-1425266687_thumb.jpg

This is definitely difficult without any sort of rotary controller. My little paddle just doesn't hussle back and forth like it does on my 2600. But these fancy fancy 64-bit robots that pop out to shoot crap at me ... Got some words for some o' them. Even the robots who are trying to help could at least have the decency to fire their weird beer can-shaped things somewhere near the viscinity of my paddle. Oy.

post-40055-0-85319500-1425692217_thumb.jpg

15359 - I am using the medium speed paddle after trying a bit on fast. Also tried slow but it was too slow so settled on medium but still cant find anything akin to 'fine control'; even the fastest/slightest tap on the controller isn't as small a movement as I would like.

Same here, fast seemed like the way to go at first, since on slow it can be impossible to chase the ball across the field. After reading the manual and discovering that holding '4' or '6' will speed up your paddle, I went with the slowest speed, still relatively unhappy with this counterintuitive paddle control.

The 16,253 score was my run tonight on Normal mode. A lot less power-ups I notice.

Power-ups seem like a crapshoot to me -- and whether a power up happens to grace my presence has everything to do with whether my score is anything like worthy -- Pretty uneven. Why is it the jerk robot sticks around for ten minutes shooting crap at you, while the good robot swoops in, fires a can at the side of the screen you're not on, then exits stage left?