IGNORED

Lasso on cartridge ?

mantadoc

That is actually one of the things I plan to do using an UberGROM board. I also plan to set up a Crossfire cartridge (although with that one, I actually have an original TI cartridge of it). It might be interesting to do the ET, Plant Genetics and Disney cartridges as UberGROM cartridges as well. These individual cartridge images should work with a bare console (although Lasso may also need the Speech Synthesizer to start).

Note that Lasso is also on the 2048K Games 1 cartridge and on one of the 512K Games cartridges, although in both cases it needs the 32K memory expansion to work, as the cartridge tosses the game into that space to run it.

• Like 3

It took me almost 30 years to find one of the real ones, Vorticon. I actually had it with me at the Chicago Faire in 2013 and let Vic Steerup do a dump of it.

Apparently all of the physical cartridges that exist were part of a single qualification run (and those had a minimum of 50 and a maximum of about 150, from what Mike Bunyard told me). That gives us the rough number of cartridges produced--and I know from an old IUG newsletter that they purchased all existing Crossfire cartridges from TI and sold them to their membership. The one I bought was the first one of them that I'd ever seen--and I haven't seen another since. The label is a sticker-type, which is pretty common on qualification/prototype cartridges from TI, as opposed to a standard TI label. I suspect that this qualification run was much closer to the low end of the scale, based on the speed that they were gone within the IUG (by the time the notice came out they were gone) and the utterly difficult time I've had finding one. I've found more physical examples of the BASIC Support Module than I have of this one (two)--and that one was only made available to cartridge developers!

• 1 year later...

Thanks for doing these as individual cartridges, Mantadoc! Please include the label files with the BIN files and that will give me what I need to make something more out of them! I like them as done, but I want to put them on the nice vinyl like the other labels I've done.

Here are updated versions of the Crossfire label from earlier in the thread--note the wide margins. This allows them to be positioned properly in the vinyl templates for production. I generally do that part on my own (and it is the further processing I identified above), as I've made a lot of these now. . .for about 40 different cartridges.

post-27541-0-47806300-1457275628_thumb.png

post-27541-0-01108700-1457275641_thumb.png

• Like 3