IGNORED

Intellivisionaries Episode 17 Is Up!

nurmix

I have to say that, even with the featured titles, I enjoyed this latest episode just as much as I have all of the others. The programmer interviews were great, and the game reviews were just as interesting and entertaining as the previous ones have been. Another fine installment!

• Like 1

I have to say that, even with the featured titles, I enjoyed this latest episode just as much as I have all of the others. The programmer interviews were great, and the game reviews were just as interesting and entertaining as the previous ones have been. Another fine installment!

Thanks, Mark! We try to make them entertaining! George was in rare form this time around...

:-D

...In your interview with Kimo Yap, unless I didn't hear it, did you ask him if the whole jungle motif for the game was his idea or did it come from Mattel or Children's Television Workshop?

I got an answer from Kimo Yap, but it doesn't really answer your question completely: Kimo wrote:

"The jungle theme... I actually don't remember. I'd guess it was a collaborative thing; or something that was decided before I started either by dbr (Rolfe) and/or Glenn and Mattel/Electric Company. In terms of Rolfe/Glenn it may have been partly chosen due by which what kind of animals were doable/available in the limited graphics of the time. Can't remember if there was a story board presented. Sorry I couldn't be of more help on this. There might be some old paper around somewhere on the project, although I doubt the answer to that would be in it, even if I could find it; it would be more technical stuff. If I find any of that stuff, though I'll let you know. Not sure what the legal status of it would be, though."

I got an answer from Kimo Yap, but it doesn't really answer your question completely: Kimo wrote:

"The jungle theme... I actually don't remember. I'd guess it was a collaborative thing; or something that was decided before I started either by dbr (Rolfe) and/or Glenn and Mattel/Electric Company. In terms of Rolfe/Glenn it may have been partly chosen due by which what kind of animals were doable/available in the limited graphics of the time. Can't remember if there was a story board presented. Sorry I couldn't be of more help on this. There might be some old paper around somewhere on the project, although I doubt the answer to that would be in it, even if I could find it; it would be more technical stuff. If I find any of that stuff, though I'll let you know. Not sure what the legal status of it would be, though."

Thanks Paul.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Episode 19 is being worked on. There will be 3 interviews, a new Questions For Keith, and some other surprises. Needless to say, it's taking a while to get through all the editing. My goal is to have it out by this time next week.

• Like 1

This podcast is edited? Hard to tell.

This seems like an non-constructive troll comment. You've made it clear in multiple threads that you don't care for Paul or the Intellivisionaries podcast. I'm sure constructive criticism is welcome, however there's no need to publicly insult their work. I'd like to think the Intellivision community it's better than that.

• Like 3

This seems like an non-constructive troll comment. You've made it clear in multiple threads that you don't care for Paul or the Intellivisionaries podcast. I'm sure constructive criticism is welcome, however there's no need to publicly insult their work. I'd like to think the Intellivision community it's better than that.

It's constructive. Many times people have commented nicely on the length of the podcast and they've been responded with a snark. So, there you have it. I guess the Intellivision community is not above that.

I'm of the same mind as soporj, and it's not an insult, more of an observation: out-takes; breathing; long interludes of repetitive music or sound effects; 5, 6, even 7 hours in length! Editing does not seem to be much of a key component of production.

-dZ.

It's constructive. Many times people have commented nicely on the length of the podcast and they've been responded with a snark. So, there you have it. I guess the Intellivision community is not above that.

I'm of the same mind as soporj, and it's not an insult, more of an observation: out-takes; breathing; long interludes of repetitive music or sound effects; 5, 6, even 7 hours in length! Editing does not seem to be much of a key component of production.

-dZ.

I disagree. I love the length of the podcast, the top quality that the guys do on it, the out takes, the music and sound effects, and the good editing that Nurmix does. As someone who does my own podcast, editing is a bitch.

• Like 3

-dZ.

I'm not saying that the podcast is above criticism, I just felt that a short sarcastic remark was not a constructive way to do it...especially considering that it's a sentiment that's already been expressed and addressed. Offering specific criticism regarding the length, repetition, and outtakes may fall on more receptive ears (or not). Either way, I apologize to both of you if I was out of line.