IGNORED

ATARI PRINTER?

adamchevy

These are extremely rare. The good news is that Best Electronics still has parts for them.

I haven't used mine yet, but it looks really cool sitting on top of my 810 ;)

How much is an Atari 820 worth? I dont want to overpay. I havent found one yet, if the price isn't to ridiculous I'll post an ad in the wanted section.

Not sure there is *standard* price since they are so rare. It all depends on how bad you want it and the condition of the item I suppose. Mine was in *unused* condition and I believe I paid around $170 for it. I don't regret it at all, even though it's more or less a display item ;)

• Like 1

Best Electronics still sells "new old stock" 825 printers if you are so inclined. They are not too cheap though.

http://www.best-electronics-ca.com/laser_printers.htm

I wanted to mention that if you use APE from atarimax and an SIO2PC cable, you can print directly to your Windows printer via your Atari 8-bit:

"Transparent access to your PC printer from any atari 8 bit application, without the use of any special atari software. APE can redirect the P: printer output of all Atari applications and send it directly to your PC Printer, or even to a file on your PC!"

http://www.atarimax.com/ape/ape.htm#What_Is_Ape

• Like 1

I checked the myatari.com (B&C) site and I don't see the XE style printers (XDM etc) listed any longer. Not sure if he's sold out of them or not.

I know the page I linked for Best says he's sold out, but he found another stash and last I checked (last year) he still had the 825 in stock.

• Like 1

I checked the myatari.com (B&C) site and I don't see the XE style printers (XDM etc) listed any longer. Not sure if he's sold out of them or not.

I know the page I linked for Best says he's sold out, but he found another stash and last I checked (last year) he still had the 825 in stock.

I think I'm going to look for an 820. I really like the way they look.