IGNORED

Season 4 - The New HSC - Week 9 = Space Cavern

JacobZu7zu7

Space Cavern, 1981 by Apollo

Space Canyon, 1983 by Panda

What game was released first Space Cavern or Space Canyon. They seem to be the same games just different graphics.

from what I've gathered, most Panda games were re-releases of games made by 3rd-party companies that had folded in the vg crash -- re-packaged with different titles and/or hacked graphics as with Space Canyon.

• Like 2

I now realize why oyamafamily hasn't posted yet and didn't play last week: he knew this game was next and has been playing it (the same game) non-stop since last week and STILL hasn't rolled it. :D

I'm about at my limit for it. I'm getting to 70K consistently, but generally get distracted and lose all 3 lives in about 30 seconds. Maybe I need to fire up the classic Star Trek on Netflix again for this one... :spidey:

• Like 1

I now realize why oyamafamily hasn't posted yet and didn't play last week: he knew this game was next and has been playing it (the same game) non-stop since last week and STILL hasn't rolled it. :D

I'm about at my limit for it. I'm getting to 70K consistently, but generally get distracted and lose all 3 lives in about 30 seconds. Maybe I need to fire up the classic Star Trek on Netflix again for this one... :spidey:

Sorry for my abscence on this HSC. I was playing Planet Smashers (an Atari 7800 game which I love, love, love playing), and trying to complete the entire game without losing any life.

I played it much more just for fun; it was irresistible. See these posts which I made on the topic called "What have you actually PLAYED tracker for 2015 (Season-8 )"

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/233350-what-have-you-actually-played-tracker-for-2015-season-8/?p=3198182

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/233350-what-have-you-actually-played-tracker-for-2015-season-8/?p=3198367

Also see Planet Smashers Contest on 7800 HSC Season 7:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/236068-7800-hsc-season-7-game-19-planet-smashers/

Edited by oyamafamily
  • Like 2

~Attention~

: Weekend Bonus Chance :

give Game 39 (Difficulty A) a try & post a score for (+1) bonus

top 3 scores for Game 39A get (+2) bonus points!

beat Scott Stilphen's Twin Galaxies record of 33,485 for an additional (+1)

...and, since there is no HSC record to break, why not offer? a (+1) bonus for beating Todd Rogers' Twin Galaxies record of 883,400 on Game 1B.