IGNORED

What are the 5v regulator mod?

7800fan

• 6 months later...

I am after the FET and diode if anyone has them. Im in the UK and can do payments via Paypal. Digikey want to charge me a fortune for delivery, but it may be my only option if I cant source the parts from any where else, so hope someone can help. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a few kits with capacitors, zener and MOSFET for €7 plus postage €3 (Worldwide). PM if you are interested.

When I tried to replace the parts in a Lynx II that outputted only 4.80 V it did not change. It still outputted 4.80 V.

Also the Zener that was a 5mA 4.3V unit showed only 4.1V when measured. Perhaps the Lynx units have different tolerances and you need to adjust R74 to get the proper voltage (5.0V out).

Thanks for the reply. If I get your kit, would there be any other changes I would need to make ? You mention the zener which showed 4.1v, does this apply to the one in your kit, or does the kit one give the 4.8v you mentioned in the previous paragraph. I havnt taken a soldering iron to my lynx yet so want to get this right first time as I will also be installing the screen mod. Thanks.

Edited by RichGtB