Posted Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:38 AM

this would be cool to have on cart

#127 StanJr OFFLINE  

StanJr

Web-slinger

• 15,078 posts
  • fun or bust

Posted Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:36 AM

I like that you've opened the world up a bit so it's not as on-rails as previous versions.  It's going to take me a minute to get used to some of the graphic changes.  Have you increased enemy speed?  Seems like that dog is charging me at a faster rate.  I LOVE the red dragon fight and what comes after!  That's fantastic!  I also love the runes and how they work.  That really helps the exploration/discovery aspect of the game a ton!  Well done.  The world and its sense of exploration/reward are great.

I can still beat the demon boss by standing in his doorway and shooting him, without taking any damage. 

Is there a way to place the cathedral more central on the map so it is more useful?  Tucked away where it is, I don't ever have to go there, and being able to spam mushrooms in the caves means that healing isn't as big of a deal.

I've figured out that the best way to defeat the birds is to just avoid them entirely.

Is there room to add a game variation to increase the difficulty or something to increase replay value?

#128 ultima OFFLINE  

ultima

Chopper Commander

• Topic Starter
  • 142 posts

Posted Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:52 PM

I like that you've opened the world up a bit so it's not as on-rails as previous versions.  It's going to take me a minute to get used to some of the graphic changes.  Have you increased enemy speed?  Seems like that dog is charging me at a faster rate.  I LOVE the red dragon fight and what comes after!  That's fantastic!  I also love the runes and how they work.  That really helps the exploration/discovery aspect of the game a ton!  Well done.  The world and its sense of exploration/reward are great.

Thanks, the enemy is faster but I have it slowed back down in my working copy, the graphics are still being tweaked as I learn more about level building so it may go through a few more revisions. 

I can still beat the demon boss by standing in his doorway and shooting him, without taking any damage. 

I have been working on his attacks and the current result is too scary to put out there without including extra lives or infinite continues till the game is beaten.

Is there a way to place the cathedral more central on the map so it is more useful?  Tucked away where it is, I don't ever have to go there, and being able to spam mushrooms in the caves means that healing isn't as big of a deal.

The working version has a new path that does that.

I've figured out that the best way to defeat the birds is to just avoid them entirely.

I just wait for them to fly then back away before shooting.

Is there room to add a game variation to increase the difficulty or something to increase replay value?

I have a lot of bytes but only about 2 bit variables left, the graphics bank has about 60 bytes left for player sprites. So far I have an idea to use a random number that determines which enemy shows on a screen or may change their starting positions offering less predictable play. Replay Value may take a while to find something as I have no ideas off hand.

Thanks again Stan!

1 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users