IGNORED

Boulder Dash(R) For Intellivision - Released March 18, 2015

No , I don't own any Intellivision homebrews or I would be taking out loans since I am Atari and Coleco homebrews . I just know that quite a few of the crazy Intellivision members get multiple copies of the same game .

Actually, most people just buy one. The people like Jason obviously cancel out the people like you who buy none.

I'm just letting people know that if they are putting off buying it, the window for the initial run is closing. Since there STILL are copies of the initial run available, it is looking like we won't be adding more.

Being that there were alot of copies of this game made it is probably no longer an R9 or even an R8 so I may have to pass . :grin: Actually I don't even have an intellivision , with those discs of doom there is no way I could use them . I do own a copy of it for the 2600 and 5200 however . This does look like a great game and I almost want to buy one just incase one day I find an Intellivision for free .

Being that there were alot of copies of this game made it is probably no longer an R9 or even an R8 so I may have to pass . :grin: Actually I don't even have an intellivision , with those discs of doom there is no way I could use them . I do own a copy of it for the 2600 and 5200 however . This does look like a great game and I almost want to buy one just incase one day I find an Intellivision for free .

Really? You know what the contract says? What's a lot?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Contractually, Classic Game Publishers, Inc. was scheduled to cease sales of Boulder Dash for Intellivision on August 15, 2015 (2 years after entering into an agreement to publish the game)

I am pleased to announce that we have extended the agreement for a limited time. The game will continue to be available until the end of the agreement extension.

I wanted people to know that although this is a faithful port of the original Boulder Dash, that there is some 'unique to Intellivision' content in this release. There is an Easter Egg in the game that will put the game into a 5 cave 1 level mode with 5 unique to Intellivision caves. Hopefully, we should have a video of the hidden caves in action soon.

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Contractually, Classic Game Publishers, Inc. was scheduled to cease sales of Boulder Dash for Intellivision on August 15, 2015 (2 years after entering into an agreement to publish the game)

I am pleased to announce that we have extended the agreement for a limited time. The game will continue to be available until the end of the agreement extension.

I wanted people to know that although this is a faithful port of the original Boulder Dash, that there is some 'unique to Intellivision' content in this release. There is an Easter Egg in the game that will put the game into a 5 cave 1 level mode with 5 unique to Intellivision caves. Hopefully, we should have a video of the hidden caves in action soon.

Was the easter egg ever shown?

• 1 month later...

Some people think that there are a ton of copies 'out there', but I am pretty sure that there are more copies of Space Patrol 'out there' than Boulder Dash. (I'd have to compare numbers with LTO to be sure).

Space Patrol, if you can find it, sells for much more than $89. If you still don't have a copy of Boulder Dash and want one, the price, (If other out of print games are any indication) is only set to rise.

SoulBuster sells rare Intellivision games and knew that the contract was coming to a close and it was not just some 'marketing ploy' as some suggested, so he bought copies to resell (At full retail). He knows it is now a rare game, because he manufactured them for me. This was not some 'trick' to rise the price.

The end of the contract means that no more copies will be manufactured. Some choose not to believe it. However, notice that Elektronite stopped promoting the game? No matter, I won't be selling my copy.

SoulBuster sells rare Intellivision games and knew that the contract was coming to a close and it was not just some 'marketing ploy' as some suggested, so he bought copies to resell (At full retail). He knows it is now a rare game, because he manufactured them for me. This was not some 'trick' to rise the price.

We promoted and emailed (twice to all customers) for a few weeks before the contract ended. We gave everyone a chance to buy a copy at the contracted priced ($70). I had to buy them at the contracted price also.

Marketing Ploy? I made a decision to invest in some copies and I intend to make a profit. William and First Star Software are not part of that decision or participate in the profit.

Edited by SoulBuster

I didn't take it as anything but positive. Sorry if it seemed otherwise.

I'm just trying to clarify that the continued availability of the game at a higher price has nothing to do with me and that the game is out of print and has been since August 15th of this year.

Grab your copy now if you still want one is my only advice.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...