CyranoJ

get water and bread leave apple under table

chuck water on fire on left

go to left to get to next screen

jump up right to get up where the rat is

drop bread and move out the way

rat eats bread and buggers off

go right and jump up the big hole at the top

jump yup the yellow stairs and jump over to the left on the ledge with the flashing gem

go left to the next screen

make your way to the left then jump up to get to the screen above

go right and jump over the hole,keep going right until the next screen

you will now be on the offending screen

hope this helps, if not i will do a video

OK i have had a little time to test this on real hardware, here are my observations (not many)

i seem to have finger issues which cause jumping where im not meaning too, whether this is pro pad related or not i don't know, i was thinking if this can be modified so that jump is actually a button rather than up it would improve the experience grately. that being said it may be a bit of an issue as you couldn't just map up to jump because up and down are used in certain places like in the items menu. it would help greatly but i guess practice makes perfect at the end of the day, just glad to play dizzy on the jaguar...

secondly, the game plays a little slow from what I remember on the amiga and spectrum, could anyone test this on real atari st hardware and contribute their feelings?

it is marginly better on 60 hz, perhaps the same method used in the joke release of rick dangerous to get some speed enhancements? obviously that was just too fast but i think this needs to be a bit faster than it is

I haven't managed to get to the other egg fellow a couple of screens past the screen with the low platform you have to chuck rocks in the water yet due to the above issues, I would hope that the previous patch fixed any issues that could be there with that too, I will keep working at it and report back on this matter

i have not found any other bugs as yet apart from the above observations.

• 8 years later...

I've been playing Fantasy World Dizzy from the official cartridge and I don't know how to display the coin map when I pick it up. None of the buttons on the gamepad worked. The spacebar worked on the Atari ST. Also, the game slowed down on "The lift control hut" screen.