IGNORED

Atari 2600 reproduction carts of Supercharger games?...

ataridave

You may be forgetting that each of those Supercharger games requires extra RAM and besides other hardware and software complications, very short answer is no. And no.

Just get a Harmony cartridge and download the SC ROMS. Damn, this has got to be the third time I've endorsed the Harmony cartridge this week! :rolling:

You may be forgetting that each of those Supercharger games requires extra RAM and besides other hardware and software complications, very short answer is no. And no.

Just get a Harmony cartridge and download the SC ROMS. Damn, this has got to be the third time I've endorsed the Harmony cartridge this week! :rolling:

Good suggestion, I just might do that!

Yes, and presumably put together by an Atari employee. But regardless, my point was that several Atari game manufacturers designed their versions of bank switched roms & extra ram features for their cartridges. The supercharger is no different; it's games can be condensed & implemented into individual cartridges; especially given today's available technology.

Yes, and presumably put together by an Atari employee. But regardless, my point was that several Atari game manufacturers designed their versions of bank switched roms & extra ram features for their cartridges. The supercharger is no different; it's games can be condensed & implemented into individual cartridges; especially given today's available technology.

The Supercharger is different - the entire 6K can be used as either RAM or ROM while the common RAM chips are 128 bytes or 256 bytes. I had to keep chip RAM limitations in mind when writing a development kit to support both the SuperCharger and the extra RAM carts.

The Supercharger is powerful enough to handle the 2k and 4k cart ROM's but a cart would need to have 6k of onboard static RAM pre-loaded with the supercharger game image, or loaded on the fly like Melody/Harmony.