IGNORED

How copies of Combat do you own?

mehguy

2 or 3...

One picture label and one or two text labels.

Asteroids was the game I had a bunch of... every time someone gave me their old collection back in the day there was a copy of Asteroids amongst them! I also have four Star Raiders... still had to get a Touch Pad off eBay though! No one seemed to keep theirs and even mine got lost somewhere through life.

I have over 350 different games but I don't know if I have a combat among them. I think I may have never added one to the collection because it was so

common and I thought I already had one. I traded in a bunch for atariage store credit also with many other commons.

I have one copy which is one more than I need. It was a game I bought when I was just getting into the 2600 and it was one of the titles that came up a lot. I think every system (certainly consoles) have games that are so common that you can pick up five/six copies without even trying.

Combat would be a great game if it had a one player mode. For the time being, I'll have to wait until the AI in this video becomes commercially available:

I just checked my spreadsheets and I have 26 Combats (across the different variations). Not surprisingly my most common followed closely by 23 Space Invaders. I really need to start getting rid of my extra stuff instead of just stashing it away!!!

Make something cool with all those extra carts!

35 by my spreadsheet, and 6 Tank Plus. Seems like a lot, but I've probably got nearly that many 2600s so when I get around to selling them, each console will come with a copy.

FWIW, I've also got 32 Asteroids, 23 Donkey Kong, 41 Pac-mans, and 51 Space Invaders.

35 by my spreadsheet, and 6 Tank Plus. Seems like a lot, but I've probably got nearly that many 2600s so when I get around to selling them, each console will come with a copy.

FWIW, I've also got 32 Asteroids, 23 Donkey Kong, 41 Pac-mans, and 51 Space Invaders.

Can I ask a "stupid" question ... :ponder:

Can I ask a "stupid" question ... :ponder:

Sure! What is it?

If you want to know why, it's because I've built my collection largely by buying in bulk: other collectors leaving the hobby, estate sales, store closings and the like. That's allowed me to get lots of things, including a fair number of rarities, for pennies on the dollar but it does result in piles of extra commons, too.