IGNORED

HSC12 Round 5 Poll

Games 2010-2014 - details on post below  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Vote round round 5

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

We'll give some of the new games a chance in round 5; back to regular action after this with the runner up and previous runner up Blue Max returning in the next poll ;)

I've picked 5 games that I rate and haven't had a serious HSC play before and should be NTSC compatible too! [i'll add in more links later - most of the games have threads on Atariage - use the search in the main Atari 8-bit forum]

Poll Closes Sunday 29th March about 11am UK time

Robix (abbuc 2010)

XEX

Extremely nice horizontal shooter, 3 stages with end of stage bosses!

robix.png

RGB (abbuc 2014)

XEX

Great platformer with a twist - you need to shoot coloured bolts at the enemies. 8 levels and 2 difficulties.

rgb.png

Rolltris/Thetris (abbuc 2013/2014)

Rolltris XEX Thetris XEX

Thetris a decent tetris, perhaps not challenging enough for pros, based on the engine used for Rolltris - which is an interesting take on the game where you move the rows to accommodate the falling pieces!

rolltris.pngthetris.png

DeathChase XE (abbuc 2013)

XEX

I like this a lot, 8? levels of motorbike tree dodging and enemy blasting. Still hoping that we might see the 'improved version' please please :thumbsup:

deathchase_xe.png

Peplexity (1989/2014)

XEX

Superb port from the BBC. Sort of 3d pac-man, again a really nice fun game, rewarding to play.

perplexity.png

I just made an AtariMax 8Mb flashcart with these six games for my 130XE. They all started and displayed fine, except for Deathchase XE, which didn't start at all. Is there a special NTSC version of this game-- or does it require a PAL computer?

All these games, of course, have the stretched PAL screens on NTSC, but I don't think that anything important is missing on edges of the screen that I can't see. The colors seem okay too. They'll obviously run a little fast though (which, I guess, always affects the music too).

Robix is the one I'm leaning toward already, and I only played it for about a minute. Thanks for always putting so much effort into find some good games for us all!

• Like 2