IGNORED

Homebrew Multicart or RPG?

Gemintronic

I see your point. But, after paying for the carts, boxes, manuals, cover art and SaveKeys it'll cost me a huge amount.. and then I'll have to sell it for even more. :(

If you consider selling the game through the AtariAge Store, I can cover all those costs up front, including SaveKeys. :D I'd really love to see a decent RPG released for the 2600! I'm disappointed that Paul Slocum never finished his Homestar Runner RPG.

..Al

• Like 2

If you consider selling the game through the AtariAge Store, I can cover all those costs up front, including SaveKeys. :D I'd really love to see a decent RPG released for the 2600! I'm disappointed that Paul Slocum never finished his Homestar Runner RPG.

..Al

Sounds like a plan. I'll still shoot for a password screen first and then work in SaveKey support. I didn't quite grasp to code to access the SaveKey last time. Plus I need to get in contact with the AtariVox guy to register my games save slot with him. I've got a lot more experience now so hopefully i'll get it this time :)

• Like 2

Sounds like a plan. I'll still shoot for a password screen first and then work in SaveKey support. I didn't quite grasp to code to access the SaveKey last time. Plus I need to get in contact with the AtariVox guy to register my games save slot with him. I've got a lot more experience now so hopefully i'll get it this time :)

I'd still add password support if you can, as not everyone will have a SaveKey or AtariVox (even if one ends up being bundled with the game). With 256K support, adding password screens shouldn't impact the space you have available too much. :D

..Al

• Like 1

I definitely would buy an RPG like this for the Atari 2600! That would be my preference over 40 "Action 52" type games anyway, especially if those 40 games were junk. Besides, it would take awhile to come up with concepts, much less programming, 40 descent mini games and getting them all to fit and play well! If there is a reservation list, or an interest list, please count me in.

Troy

• Like 1

Seems like the general consensus is to continue with the Tunnels & Trolls RPG. With the 256k ROM boards available and Al publishing the game it's a confirmed project now. The only unknown is when Liz Dansforth will get back with me on the cover art. She hinted that she may have some original artwork meant for earlier editions of the rulebook available :) Worst case scenario I'm in contact with another artist that could do similar cover art.

• Like 1

RPG eh?

You'll be going up against Dungeon, aka the most fun I have ever had with my 2600. I will gladly pay more if it includes things such as an old-timey hint book and maps and charts that show the early parts of the game.

Just like Dungeon's beautiful poster map!

Godspeed. I expect great things.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...