IGNORED

Lynx on the "large screen"

karri

How cool is dat? Don't think the Epyx guys developing the Lynx back in the day EVER envisioned this would happen to their "little" machine. Man, the Atari scene is dynamic now.

Probably not. If someone could take a modded Lynx back in time and showed them what the future held, it would really blow them away. A lot of improvement in 25 years since that old color LCD was used. If someone told them the new LCD was done by a single person as a DIY aftermarket upgrade, it'd blow them even more. Did we have standard VGA monitor back then? I can only remember EGA at best and those aren't VGA capable.

I will take this mod back in time. I may have a chance to meet R.J. Mical (designer of Lynx HW) in Amsterdam at end of June at the Amiga 30 years party. Actually I hope to get my white Lynx signed :-o

Wow, I did not know that. That's almost in my backyard! Early bird tickets are sold out unfortunately. I'm now on the waiting list. Thanks for the heads up.

I am surprised to see that the tickets are gone so fast. Luckily I got my ticket and a chair at the VIP dinner. Meeting live legends is so cool.

Amiga was my favourite computer during very many years. We programmed tons of things for it and I still have one running at home. The Amiga has the best tools on the planet for creating low-res graphics. Heikki Luhtala was one of the most talented Amiga artist at the time and we worked together for many years for the printing industry.

post-2099-0-10292700-1427450535_thumb.png post-2099-0-98726600-1427450282_thumb.png

Many years ago R.J. visited Helsinki and we were having a very small "nerd" party for a whole evening. He was very nice to talk to and he was involved with Red Eye at Ericsson at that time. I am sooo waiting to meet him again.

Edited by karri
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

roland p and LX.NET

I will be in Amsterdam from Friday to Sunday. After the event I am going for the dinner cruise (Saturday evening). I rented a small apartment a few blocks away from the lighthouse. If the meeting gets too crowded we can always get in my place for some Lynx chats. All options are ok for me. Meeting before, during or after the amiga30 event :)

A recent picture of me taken yesterday at our company marathon. Just so you recognize me ;)

I am the guy to most right in shorts with an orange stripe.

post-2099-0-63614700-1432385320_thumb.jpg

--

Karri

• Like 1

Do you have a nice 100+" LCD or Plasma TV? Or a very good quality projector and a very big blank wall? Always wanted to try and play Lynx on a BFD (big fucking display) :D

No. But I have this wonderful 61€ LED projector that can blow up the picture to the entire wall.

• 1 month later...

Have fun guys! Wish I could have gone but my health is bad at the moment =\. If anyone can get a leaflet or something signed by either R. J. Mical or Dave Needle - should they be there I would be forever in your debt. I had planned to try and go but I've really struggled the last few months.