IGNORED

Game Factory

Eric7100

Well, It's been a while since I set this up and just did so now to attempt to answer your question.

It will take a while to map all the issues I observed but many of the screens actually work.

Here are a few that don't-

Game screen/work on screen - messy pink look.

Gameplay options/special effects - crashes and goes to black screen.

Moving objects screen/arrivals departures - alternates between pink stripes and random flashing pink objects.

Run game - similar to pink effect above briefly then fills with green.

And yes, I believe there is a fix in progress.

I have one of the fixed boards, I've tested on my original Intellivision and on my II, I don't remember seeing see any of these issues, but I will test again this week, focusing on the issues noted.

Well, It's been a while since I set this up and just did so now to attempt to answer your question.

It will take a while to map all the issues I observed but many of the screens actually work.

Here are a few that don't-

Game screen/work on screen - messy pink look.

Gameplay options/special effects - crashes and goes to black screen.

Moving objects screen/arrivals departures - alternates between pink stripes and random flashing pink objects.

Run game - similar to pink effect above briefly then fills with green.

And yes, I believe there is a fix in progress.

OK, this sounds pretty much exactly like the 2609 issues list.

• 1 year later...

Another person has reported to me his copy plays fine on his Intv2.

Does anyone else have a Ecs and Intv2 to test this?

There is also a solution in the works and will be tested.

Anyone who purchased this will be contacted. And will be taken care of. No worries folks. ;-)

Whatever happened with this? Did I miss it?

• 2 weeks later...

what was the topic "piggy factory"?

i'm surprised that this game has ever seen the light of day, i'm even more surprised anyone else as a idiot like me can have interest with fumbling around with it.

i must say it was one of the early games which interested me when i started to play the inty emulated.

i never worked much with it but it's at least a evidence how advanced the developers was, the very first "seuck" nah ok not a "seuck", a "gack" a games application kit.

less flexible but inastead to program you just have to do the graphical work, that was really innovative and somewhat ahead of its time.

also it's interesting on who they point - on children unlike like a later "seuck" which clearly pointed on young adults.

"make it as easy and graphical interesting for children" - i like that idea.

sidenote

i recognized i once downloaded a bunch of instructions for the inty (incl. a japanese owners manual, which is almost to read like a comic strip) in it are the handbooks for BASIC (i guess it was originally ment for the keyboard component) and a second introduction to BASIC for the ECS, both have even this child appeal, it should teach or tease children to learn BASIC.

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...