IGNORED

River Raid / Worm Whomper, Italian manual

Andre81

I own the italian Version myself, but very nice River Raid :)

By the way: The italian Versions of Melody Blaster and Mind Strike are missing too on INTV Funhouse. They are in the same style like the italian Scooby Doo.

Scans, please. Apologies if you've already sent them. I'm a few years behind on some things. :/

Do the overlays on RiverRaid hold up better than the US version. What was wrong with those overlays!

As far as I know from my Worm Whomper the game is the US version. The italian manuals were just added for the italian market. Imagic did the same with some games. So war we have italian Fathom (me) and italian Truckin (spadafermo) found. But in fact there is no other difference to us versions than the manual.

@ Steve

I'll provide scans :)

Here we go, I'll post them here, so everyone can see them. Of course you are allowed to use them for your homepage Steve :)

And the Dutch manual is with french too for Belgium. The back of all ECS games is exactly the same, no part numbers or anything else to different them, so I attached just the back of one manual, it fits for all of them.

post-35236-0-66459000-1429103801_thumb.jpg

post-35236-0-52325500-1429103807_thumb.jpg

post-35236-0-25289600-1429103814_thumb.jpg

post-35236-0-83874100-1429103820_thumb.jpg

post-35236-0-45736000-1429103827_thumb.jpg

post-35236-0-85660500-1429103833_thumb.jpg

post-35236-0-62421800-1429103839_thumb.jpg

post-35236-0-21968000-1429103846_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Awesome! Again, apologies about the slow site updates. There are many factors above general laziness contributing to the delays. I've tried to at least create entries for these, but haven't uploaded images yet.

Oh man, you really dont need to apologize for anything. INTV Funhouse is probably the best site on the internet for variants. For me its great that you keep on updating for such a long time :)

The italian instructions for Mind Strike, Melody Blaster ans Scooby Doo are looking by far better than the german ones. :)

There are german ones too? How do they look like? Just cheap copied? I saw stuff like that on an french Ice Trek: http://ogdb.eu/imageview.php?image_id=125255&limit=0

And it seems that this was at least from a store, because I found that one, traded it with cmart and found exact the same manual again later.

At the end of 1983 Mattel Germany sold the US boxes and put typewriter written and photocopied german instructions on the back. There are serval games with this feature. Some are veeeery rare but a Treasures Of Tarmin with german instructions shows up on Ebay quite frequently.

Intellivision - Mind Strike - German Instructions

Intellivision - Treasure Of Tarmin - German Instructions

@ Spadafermo

I know them too, there are also colored and glossy ones from some games, but I got a typewrite manual in an italian Lock N Chase. I attached the pic and as you can see there are typos and something was "erased" with XXXXXXXX :D I dont know if that was made from a store or from a private person, but I would wonder why a private person would make something like that. It also refers to the original manual in some parts (e.g. you should look at page 5 of the manual to see a screenshot)

The question is: Is it a variant or not? :D

post-35236-0-61259100-1429307678_thumb.jpg