IGNORED

Season 4 - The New HSC - Week 16 = Reactor

I think I always assumed the core would keep growing until it filled the whole screen and killed you. It's a good game, but if it's always going to leave me room to hang out and wait for the particles to bash themselves into the kill wall or let me ride a long the edge of the vortex until they do, it loses all of its urgency.

I tried the arcade game MAME years ago when I was playing everything I could find in MAME, but it really needs a trackball and I don't have one.

post-5573-0-64903400-1431271560_thumb.jpg

Edited by KaeruYojimbo
  • Like 1

HOORAY !! thanx Jacob for the reminder, i totally forgot. was just wishing we had more time on this one

post-34560-0-43410700-1431328044_thumb.jpg

@Kaeru -- about the swirl, yeah when I noticed that, the urgency vanished. I think it may have been the plan at first to make it blow all the way up & kill you. the manual says you have to do everything before the "meltdown," but there's never any meltdown! I'm thinkin' they must have scrapped the meltdown in testing since it seems like it would force you into a lot of basically unfair deaths. but maybe they could have made it linger at the biggest size for a while, then start a warning flash to "hurry up!" -- then blow up.

my strategy so far -- never using decoys, saving them up til the end as a buffer for extra lives when I lose my last life. I figured this was worth the 500pts each, too. now after seeing that video review I'm starting to think I should use them to make things easier & die less often!

one thing that helps when the lights go out -- knock some particles into the bonus chambers. every time they bounce off the walls the lights flash on so you can see the walls.

• Like 2

Save a horse, ride a Vortex:

YOU CAN SHOOT FOR THE BONUS TARGETS THIS FINAL PUSH ON REACTOR, SCORES ALL ACCEPTED UNTIL MIDNIGHT TONIGHT.

BEST AT REACTING TO REACTOR:

Score: 50,000 (+1) You stayed on the Vortex, or at least away from it.

100,00 (+2) You took that Vortex for a ride

200,000 (+3+1) You're a natural on that thing, at least 9 secs, ... Vortex up! (+1) extra for games Easter Egg, (Programmers Inititals CH)

• Like 1