IGNORED

InTv Mail From 1990.

So I recently picked up a boxed Model 3, And while I love it, what came with it is awesome. This may being the coolest thing in my InTv collection now. I'm not sure how common these are, or if they are worth anything, but I think it is really cool.

Sorry for the poor picture quality. The date on the stamp is January 31 1990.

post-42352-0-52508600-1430760931_thumb.jpgpost-42352-0-85151100-1430760946_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

I have something similar. I'll try to post some pics later. The letter/envelope is a really cool bonus.

Also, on eBay...

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3911321835401?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=391132183540&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1717550897591?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=171755089759&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2717758287121?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=271775828712&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Thanks for sharing!

Edited by JasonlikesINTV
  • Like 1

I would love to see pics whenever you can get around to it. I find it very interesting that they placed an InTv sticker over a Mattel envelope. While I consider myself fairly versed in Intellivision history, this somewhat has me confused.lol I know Intv bought the rights from Mattel, but why not just make your own envelope? My guess is overstock of the Mattel envelope's, but that is just a guess. Any insight would be Appreciated.

I know this is not the easiest thing to research.

I would love to see pics whenever you can get around to it. I find it very interesting that they placed an InTv sticker over a Mattel envelope. While I consider myself fairly versed in Intellivision history, this somewhat has me confused.lol I know Intv bought the rights from Mattel, but why not just make your own envelope? My guess is overstock of the Mattel envelope's, but that is just a guess. Any insight would be Appreciated.

I know this is not the easiest thing to research.

Yeah, from anecdotal evidence, any way to save a buck was warmly embraced. Getting 1000 address labels printed was certainly far cheaper than entirely new envelopes! :D

• Like 1

Your guess is correct, and it's far more common than people think. It's got little to do with "INTV Corp cut corners on EVERYTHING". I worked for a very profitable company that did this once. We changed addresses, and it turned out it was cheaper to pay someone to stick new labels on our envelopes than have them re-printed. Printing was a lot more expensive in 80s.

My INTV III also came with controller matrices, and replacement instructions. Curious.