IGNORED

TI99DIR - New version 6.1a

wyerd

There's a new version of TI99DIR available to download, v61.a .

Available HERE

Notes for v6.1a:-

v6.1a Added option to extact all files from one ore more selected ARC-files
and/or DSK-images and copy these to a directory with the same TI-name
as the original ARC-file or DSK-image.

Added option to convert one ore more selected ARC-files to a DSK-image
with the same TI-name as the original ARC-file (for Berry Harmsen).

Fixed: dialogs.cpp:: Handling of the progressbar so that files falling
out of the criteria of the choosen function is not counted.

Fixed: dialogs.cpp::SetAttrFile() removed Sleep(500) for debug
purposes which was accidently left and slowing things down.

Fixed: doad.cpp::GetFileInfo() Creating better TI-file name for
downloaded files (TIFILES) with no original TI-file name.

Fixed: dskfunc.cpp::CopyFileToDisk() Copying an empty file to a
DSK-image doesn't fail anymore with error "Disk full".

• Like 8

Awesome! I use this tool every time I sit down to work on my projects. Time for me to upgrade, as I'm still using 5.4a!!!

Last night I was flashing in and out of directories, looking at data file contents as I modified them.

I'd be lost without it. :)

Thanks Fred!!! (And wyerd for the update)

:)

Edited by Opry99er
  • Like 1

Ops! My bad.

Can't edit the original post to reflect this.

If you are an AtariAge subscriber, you have 30 days to edit a post instead of the 1 hour, otherwise. There are other benefits, as well (see Subscriptions). The subscription is a good thing because it supports this site we love. I try to re-up at least every other year.

...lee

• Like 1

If you are an AtariAge subscriber, you have 30 days to edit a post instead of the 1 hour, otherwise. There are other benefits, as well (see Subscriptions). The subscription is a good thing because it supports this site we love. I try to re-up at least every other year.

...lee

THIS

...lee

Thanks for the heads-up.

• 2 months later...

Does anyone know how to reach Fred? I wanted to send him a bug report but the old email I have is dead and I can't find a new one on his webpage.

Hi Fred! Hope you are well!

I’ve suspected this one for a while, but it finally bit me hard enough that I took a look. When you rename a file on a disk image in TI99Dir, it doesn’t re-sort the file list in sector 1 for alphabetical order. This is mandatory for the TI Disk Controller to be able to find files if they have changed position in the directory, because it does a binary search for the file. Any chance this can be corrected? (at your convenience, it’s a minor issue now that I know for sure. :) )

Awesome! I use this tool every time I sit down to work on my projects. Time for me to upgrade, as I'm still using 5.4a!!!

Last night I was flashing in and out of directories, looking at data file contents as I modified them.

I'd be lost without it. :)

Thanks Fred!!! (And wyerd for the update)

:)

No kidding there Owen! I think you gave a me a great idea for a poll, because I cannot imagine anyone NOT using it.

One of the only reasons I still use Windows. Thankfully I can run it in a lightweight VM on my Mac. :)

This program is indeed a must have. Kudo's to Fred!

-D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

I have a quick question for the TI99Dir experts here, I have version 6.2a of this great tool installed on my PC and I would like to know if there is any trick to directly read from or write to TI formatted 3,5" disks in an external USB floppy drive connected to the PC? Similar as you would handle a CF7+ CF card with TI99Dir?

I have a quick question for the TI99Dir experts here, I have version 6.2a of this great tool installed on my PC and I would like to know if there is any trick to directly read from or write to TI formatted 3,5" disks in an external USB floppy drive connected to the PC? Similar as you would handle a CF7+ CF card with TI99Dir?

Only thing that does this is TI-99-PC.. And that depends on your pc controller. I have successfully done this in dos on my old 286 and 386 laptops to transfer files to v9t9 and back

ftp://ftp.whtech.com/pc%20utilities/TI99-PC%203.2.1.%20Password%20'TI99'.rar

Greg

Edited by arcadeshopper
  • Like 1

I am only really getting started in the software development world, but I have considered going through the basic programming in TI99-PC and seeing if I can create a program to directly work with a TI formatted disk. As I get my things fixed(computers, trucks, house) this is on a list of things todo. Now if one of you programing guru's out there want to do it, don't let me stop you :) .

• Like 1

I once did it with OmniFlop, formatting a disk in the PC as a TIDISK, and copying a .DSK to the floppy.

Also I read a TIDISK with OmniFlop on the PC, and got a working DSK-file

Yes, I've successfully transferred disks that way in the past and a couple of times now, but I am talking about a windows explorer type interface that will allow reading and writing to a TI disk the same as a pc disk, just in a stand alone environment, file as well as whole disk. The aforementioned program as well as others have proved it's possible, I just want to take that knowledge and make it into something a little more user friendly to us all. Maybe in Java or something that all platforms can use.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

There's a new version of TI99DIR available to download, v61.a .

Available HERE

Notes for v6.1a:-

v6.1a Added option to extact all files from one ore more selected ARC-files

and/or DSK-images and copy these to a directory with the same TI-name

as the original ARC-file or DSK-image.

Added option to convert one ore more selected ARC-files to a DSK-image

with the same TI-name as the original ARC-file (for Berry Harmsen).

Fixed: dialogs.cpp:: Handling of the progressbar so that files falling

out of the criteria of the choosen function is not counted.

Fixed: dialogs.cpp::SetAttrFile() removed Sleep(500) for debug

purposes which was accidently left and slowing things down.

Fixed: doad.cpp::GetFileInfo() Creating better TI-file name for

downloaded files (TIFILES) with no original TI-file name.

Fixed: dskfunc.cpp::CopyFileToDisk() Copying an empty file to a

DSK-image doesn't fail anymore with error "Disk full".

Link is bad. Can somebody help me get this program, please.

Darryl

• Like 1