IGNORED

PS2 - Blue Disc Read Error

copper20

It looks like my PS2 doesn't read blue discs after I recently purchased a blue disc game and gave it a try in the system. It gave me a disc read error after a few minutes, and I can not seem to get this game to work.

I don't want to add tape to the disc, nor do I want to calibrate the laser, what are my options here?

Update: I tried tilting my PS2 and it seems to work fine while booting up. Should I consider opening my PS2 and work on the white gear?

Edited by copper20

There has to be some other forum out there where this is covered ad nauseam (a lot). Search online for forums specializing with PS2 hacking and modding. People who install the HDD for use with backups will have lots of experience with this.

Also - try asking some local gameshops in DFW like Gameover in Arlington, Found It Electronics in Watauga, or Retro Madness in Hurst. They may do repairs. I know that FX Game Exchange does, but I think the closest one is all the way over in Plano.

Just searching "Playstation Repair" on local craigslist returns tons of hits too.

Searched that on Dallas/Fort Worth craigslist, but not many on there. I usually have to go up to Plano 3 times a week, so perhaps I could have 'em service it. The warranty sticker's been taken off this playstation 2, will they reject it?

Searched that on Dallas/Fort Worth craigslist, but not many on there. I usually have to go up to Plano 3 times a week, so perhaps I could have 'em service it. The warranty sticker's been taken off this playstation 2, will they reject it?

FX Game Exchange fixes systems from Atari 2600 to PS3/360 for a good price. It is off Custer Rd. and Parker Rd. The warranty is no doubt long past expired, they'll definetley fix it. Also before that try cleaning the lens up with a qtip. If it doesn't solve anything then you need a replacement laser.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...