IGNORED

My Basic Parsing and Transformation Tool

dmsc

Hi!,

Thank you! I didn't dare to ask for similar error messages.

Since they were no other suggestions regarding the syntax, could you please support the binary include feature? I'm fine with your proposal.

BTW: Do you mind to convert 0-3 automatically to %0-%3 to save memory?

I finally added a lot of new functionality, including both that you requested but with a different syntax. See my new topic at http://atariage.com/forums/topic/243394-basic-parsing-and-transformation-tool-new-version/

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

When this parser tool creates tokenized binary files, does it keep the listings < 120 printed bytes per line? I ask because I wrote a program using it for the contest, and my program was put into the Extreme-256 category. Now that I look harder at it, some of the lines are > 240 characters.

So I wonder if the parser tool handles things differently when creating .LST vs. .BAS files.

-Kevin

Hi!,

When this parser tool creates tokenized binary files, does it keep the listings < 120 printed bytes per line? I ask because I wrote a program using it for the contest, and my program was put into the Extreme-256 category. Now that I look harder at it, some of the lines are > 240 characters.

So I wonder if the parser tool handles things differently when creating .LST vs. .BAS files.

-Kevin

Yes, in the tokenized output there is no line length limit, in that mode the parser minimizes the binary size (and the available memory for the BASIC program).

To limit the line length, you must use the short listing format ("-s" option), by default the listing is limited to 120 characters per line but you can change the limit with the "-n" option.

Remember to read the help in https://github.com/dmsc/tbxl-parser/blob/master/README.md. Corrections to the "manual" are welcomed :)

Edited by dmsc
  • Like 2