IGNORED

Intellivision Demo Cart (I've never seen one like it before.)

I've been very candid since the get-go about my motives, intentions and position.

I'm shameless, but honest. ;)

-V

Sure you're honest. We just want to buy your item for a "fair" price as we are collector. But you know our feelings as you are also a Nintendo collector ;). We just want you to give us (me ? ^^) a chance to have it in our collection to complete it and enjoy this new item :)

Edited by scalpel

Does anyone have any links to demo carts of any type that sold recently? Not listed at crazy prices that went unsold, but actual completed auctions? I'm having trouble finding any recent ones

Here the only one I found : http://www.ebay.com/itm/350677116757

Edit : http://www.ebay.com/itm/Intellivision-Demonstration-Cartridge-1979-/280731293120?rmvSB=true

Edited by scalpel

Also, as long as we're on the topic of digging up info on demo carts, after doing hours of research, I'm of the opinion that my BOX is currently one-of-a-kind or *extremely* close to it among the generally known collector world (this forum, etc...).

The exclusivity of this UR item is causing me to be extremely cautious: I'm in territory I've never been in before... this boxed version 2 of the demo cart isn't *another* one found that the next lucky collector will be able to brag about, it's the *first* one found (as far as I can tell) that *one* true collector will get to prize as something nobody else in the popular collector world has. (Prove me wrong and it will affect the final offer I'm willing to take by a bit.)

I would SHIT my self as an SNES collector.

I'd be happy to see anyone find even an IMAGE of this box online, let alone a sale of this model in it's *complete* form.

Again, I am considering all of these things and have no need to sell it quickly. I'm a collector as well, not desperate for cash.

Pics coming this afternoon.

-V

Edited by Vahn421

Here the only one I found : http://www.ebay.com/itm/350677116757

2 1/2 year old auction for a caseless, most likely blue copy.

Here's a more recently sold copy with a damaged label.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Intellivision-Demonstration-Cartridge-1979-USA-Mattel-With-Original-Box-UNTESTED-/161691578041?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item25a591aeb9

EDIT: This recent auction was also technically listed *as is* (for parts/not working) and the cartridge was unable to be tested.

Edited by Vahn421

2 1/2 year old auction for a caseless, most likely blue copy.

Here's a more recently sold copy with a damaged label.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Intellivision-Demonstration-Cartridge-1979-USA-Mattel-With-Original-Box-UNTESTED-/161691578041?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item25a591aeb9

EDIT: This recent auction was also technically listed *as is* (for parts/not working) and the cartridge was unable to be tested.

Hmmm. That auction is showing as "unsold" for me. Is anyone seeing any bids on it or is it just a high BIN that went unsold? I'm trying to figure out a fair offer for this.

Do you know the Ebay trick involving checking the, "Show Completed Listings" box on the bottom left?

Here is the result of that filter with the keywords, "Intellivision Demonstration Cartridge."

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=intellivision+demonstration+cartridge&LH_Complete=1&rt=nc

It's really the only one listed in the last while. (Unlikely a collector would spell it wrong!), but I swear I found another that sold for even a little more somewhere online yesterday on my Android right before I bought it. It's what motivated me to buy it in the first place. xD

Anyway, YES! Ebay. Completed Listings. Learn in. Live it. Love it!

-V

It's absolutely going on Ebay for a ridiculous amount of money (OBO) to see what kind of crazy rich collectors are out there that want an item nobody else has. (Assuming I don't get a killer offer here, first, of course. Your community gets a week or so of exclusivity on this.) I would probably have a heart attack if someone buys it at the price I wind up listing it for, but I should at least get some feedback and some interesting offers from collectors perusing online. :D

I'm beginning to imagine a demo loop with a complete box for Super Mario World, F-Zero and Gradius III that nobody else in the entire online known SNES community has and I'm beginning to imagine what I'd personally pay for it. This is fun.

-V

A lot of commons, and no way was I getting his whole collection off his hands. He was sentimental about it. The Demo Cart, ironically, was the easiest thing for him to give up because, "It was just a boring loop."

I payed him a small amount of cash for a few rares and uncommons that I'll probably turn for close to 4-5 times that amount, though. I'll be posting pics of those in another thread later, too.

-V

Do you know the Ebay trick involving checking the, "Show Completed Listings" box on the bottom left?

Here is the result of that filter with the keywords, "Intellivision Demonstration Cartridge."

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=intellivision+demonstration+cartridge&LH_Complete=1&rt=nc

It's really the only one listed in the last while. (Unlikely a collector would spell it wrong!), but I swear I found another that sold for even a little more somewhere online yesterday on my Android right before I bought it. It's what motivated me to buy it in the first place. xD

Anyway, YES! Ebay. Completed Listings. Learn in. Live it. Love it!

-V

Yep. Been on eBay since the 90's buying Inty stuff so that was the first thing I did. :)

That auction link is a wishful thinking BIN that went unsold.

The box is what makes this rare, the cart I have, as do others. That's why I'd like to see more pics of the box itself.

I payed him a small amount of cash for a few rares and uncommons that I'll probably turn for close to 4-5 times that amount, though. I'll be posting pics of those in another thread later, too.

So basically, you are saying that you screwed a 60 year old autistic guy over by not paying market rates in your desire to make a buck :roll:.

Someone over on the Intellevision Invasion FB group just posted a pic of having one cartridge and THREE boxes of his own. (You might be able to get a box without a game a lot cheaper from him, Cmart)

Chaos is now ensuing. Too bad two of the three boxes are marked!

Still, that *will* bring the value of mine down a bit, assuming he is selling and hasn't hooked his friends up that are already screaming, "Gimme!"

I told you. I'm a capitalist, but I'm honest. ;)

-V

Edited by Vahn421

So basically, you are saying that you screwed a 60 year old autistic guy over by not paying market rates in your desire to make a buck :roll:.

Oh please, your little moral tirade is quite short-sighted.

Explain to me how a 60 year old autistic guy is ever going to get in touch with collectors that *want* something this rare. I've done *hours* of work/research on this. I get paid for my time.

Do tell me how much you'd give a guy that doesn't even care about money for an item he thinks is useless. I could have bought it for $5. I didn't.

I just saved a holy grail from winding up in a thrift store bin and getting damaged in the process.

Edited by Vahn421

Oh please, your little moral tirade is quite short-sighted.

Explain to me how a 60 year old autistic guy is ever going to get in touch with collectors that *want* something this rare.

Do tell me how much you'd give a guy that doesn't even care about money for an item he thinks is useless. I could have bought it for $5. I didn't.

Welcome to our community! We already had the obsessive collector that fights over tat, a hoarder or two, and even the greedy developer-exploiting publisher; but we were missing the predatory, soulless speculator looking to rip off passionate collectors for a buck.

Now we're complete, just another forum in AtariAge. Yay!

:roll:

• Like 2

Explain to me how a 60 year old autistic guy is ever going to get in touch with collectors that *want* something this rare. I've done *hours* of work/research on this. I get paid for my time.

So you admit to preying on somebody who has a different perception on the world, its values and the worth of his goods than you do?

Nothing! I'd leave him with his collection intact. That way he gets to enjoy *all* of it.

I just saved a holy grail from winding up in a thrift store bin and getting damaged in the process.

My, aren't we the saint? :roll:

Welcome to our community! We already had the obsessive collector that fights over tat, a hoarder or two, and even the greedy developer-exploiting publisher; but we were missing the predatory, soulless speculator looking to rip off passionate collectors for a buck.

Now we're complete, just another forum in AtariAge. Yay!

:roll:

As a fellow collector, I emphatically argue with you about your emphasis on my heartlessness, and instead present the idea that I'm not a *cheap* collector when it comes to what *I'LL* pay for... and for that reason there's no way I'm going to let some other collectors item go cheaply as well.

And I'm not looking to rip-off passionate collectors... I'm only looking for *one* collector that wants what I have bad enough to pay what I want for it. I could sit on this demo for years looking for the right buyer. I'll never stumble upon something this rare again, probably in my entire life.

Luckily, any judgments of my character, even incorrect ones won't effect the demand for my item.

Edited by Vahn421

Most people here do that.

Example: They search newly listed items on eBay constantly looking for a copy of Spiker that someone unknowingly has listed cheap. This happened recently and everyone congratulated the guy on basically ripping a seller off.

So you admit to preying on somebody who has a different perception on the world, its values and the worth of his goods than you do?

Nothing! I'd leave him with his collection intact. That way he gets to enjoy *all* of it.

My, aren't we the saint? :roll:

Oh my god I *love* how this is turning into a moral debate.

Also, you're full of shit. I mean, I don't even know where to begin, but your psuedo-morality is full of shit.

The only difference between me and the other most successful collectors out there is I don't *hide* the fact that I try to buy as low as possible and sell as high as possible and that I make a *living* on the side through collecting.

Edited by Vahn421