IGNORED

Intellivision Demo Cart (I've never seen one like it before.)

Oh my god I *love* how this is turning into a moral debate.

Its a moral debate as soon as you start to rip off people in society who should be treated fairly and with respect.

Also, you're full of shit. I mean, I don't even know where to begin, but your psuedo-morality is full of shit.

Somebody doesn't like to be called out on their actions do they? :roll:

The only difference between me and the other most successful collectors out there is I don't *hide* the fact that I try to buy as low as possible and sell as high as possible and that I make a *living* on the side through collecting.

Making a living in this case, by preying on a member of society at a disadvantage to you.

2 1/2 year old auction for a caseless, most likely blue copy.

Here's a more recently sold copy with a damaged label.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Intellivision-Demonstration-Cartridge-1979-USA-Mattel-With-Original-Box-UNTESTED-/161691578041?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item25a591aeb9

EDIT: This recent auction was also technically listed *as is* (for parts/not working) and the cartridge was unable to be tested.

In reading the description of the first one, it's a loose cart of the red one you have. The difference between the blue and the red is that they removed the KC references in the red one. The second one is an unsold BIN and therefore has no bearing on value.

Its a moral debate as soon as you start to rip off people in society who should be treated fairly and with respect.

Somebody doesn't like to be called out on their actions do they? :roll:

Making a living in this case, by preying on a member of society at a disadvantage to you.

It's not that I don't mind being called out on my actions. On the contrary: I've been brutally transparent from the beginning. There ARE no actions to call me out on. I've laid it out all from the get-go, so stop acting like you're exposing some terrible character flaw in me: That's nothing but your opinion, and it's certainly not how I view my self OR the situation.

More than anything else, if I was to *truly* reply to you about this and ALL the events that have transpired, my *relationship* to this family and my plan to offer the family I bought the game from a cut if/when it sells, you'd have to completely re-write and re-think your pathetic attempted projection of who I am and what my motives are.

And frankly, I'd wind up writing a wall of text 20 times longer than this. I don't want to do that.

So for the time being, the person I got the game from is a 60 year old autistic man and I don't give a fuck what you think about my morality, because you're some random person on the internet that will *not* be buying my game, so you can think I'm the Devil himself for all I care.

Cheers.

Edited by Vahn421

In reading the description of the first one, it's a loose cart of the red one you have. The difference between the blue and the red is that they removed the KC references in the red one. The second one is an unsold BIN and therefore has no bearing on value.

If it went unsold I wonder why Ebay highlights it as green...?

Still, good to have accurate information. It's what I'm into.

If it went unsold I wonder why Ebay highlights it as green...?

Still, good to have accurate information. It's what I'm into.

I see the unsold $500 / $750 item highlighted in black (meaning unsold) rather than green (meaning sold) on http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=intellivision+demonstration+cartridge&LH_Complete=1&rt=nc

My recommendation is to use "Sold listings" rather than "Completed listings" to filter out the unsold items.

Edited by Lathe26

Does anyone have any links to demo carts of any type that sold recently? Not listed at crazy prices that went unsold, but actual completed auctions? I'm having trouble finding any recent ones

A green demo cart WITH box sold for about $178 with 17 bids in March 2013.

Seems to me that the boxed red cart is a valuable piece for Intellivision, but we're not talking about Nintendo money. I wouldn't pay more than $600 for it. I could be wrong, of course.

You're right about that, it's been crystal clear what kind of person you are!

More like, crystal clear how ignorant you wish to remain *about* me, but to each their own.

Either way, I have a rare copy of a game I get to make a lot of money on, (that I will use to fuel my own ability to acquire rares in my collection) and you don't. Neener neener.

Edited by Vahn421

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=intellivision+demonstration+cartridge&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc

This filter STILL says that copy I insist sold for $300, sold.

At this point I don't think it's going to affect things, much.

When I click on that link it clearly says 'unsold' under the price.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/161691578041?nav=SEARCH

Edited by JasonlikesINTV

More like, crystal clear how ignorant you wish to remain *about* me, but to each their own.

Either way, I have a rare copy of a game I get to make a lot of money on, (that I will use to fuel my own ability to acquire rares in my collection) and you don't. Neener neener.

Fortunately, not everybody in this forum is a douchebag. You are right, you have been most transparent, and everybody here now knows the kind of person you are. Enjoy your spoils and your newly found place in everybody's regard now.

-dZ.

It would be a real shame if the high bidder on eBay damaged the cartridge and box upon receipt and filed a "not as described" claim against you with eBay/PayPal. Boy, that would be awful.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_sacat=0&_nkw=intellivision+demonstration+cartridge&LH_Complete=1&LH_Sold=1&rt=nc

This filter STILL says that copy I insist sold for $300, sold.

At this point I don't think it's going to affect things, much.

When I click on that link it clearly says 'unsold' under the price.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/161691578041?nav=SEARCH

I see the same thing. The search shows it as sold but the direct link shows it as merely ended. Weird.

I'd say that the Blue Demo cart CIB did sell at $300 and eBay is just having a glitch. At $300, that would tie it with a prior sale of $300 on eBay which would make those 2 sales the highest I've ever seen the Blue Demo CIB go for. This is on the upper end of its price range but certainly fair.

Fortunately, not everybody in this forum is a douchebag. You are right, you have been most transparent, and everybody here now knows the kind of person you are. Enjoy your spoils and your newly found place in everybody's regard now.

-dZ.

You speak as if my priority is warm fuzzy feelings and a pat on the back. It's not.

Still, I'm happy to make friends with people that don't treat me like a douche, as I've not treated anyone here like one. *until* they started coming down on me with this "you're an evil capitalist" nonsense.

It would be a real shame if the high bidder on eBay damaged the cartridge and box upon receipt and filed a "not as described" claim against you with eBay/PayPal. Boy, that would be awful.

This is what I'm talking about. Personal attacks like this are the epitome of douchebaggery.

If you would get off on watching me suffer because you don't like me, then just say it. Stop being a passive aggressive butthole.

Edited by Vahn421

This is what I'm talking about. Personal attacks like this are the epitome of douchebaggery.

If you would get off on watching me suffer because you don't like me, then just say it. Stop being a passive aggressive butthole.

Cheers!

And just for the record, yes, it would be awful... for him/her, because I *know* people and the motherfucker that messed with me in that regard would get fucked so hard that I'd make sure they'd never be able to sell on Ebay again... among other things.

I play nice when you do. :)