IGNORED

Christmas Carol and Lost Caves

I have 1 signed Christmas Carol #85 for sale. My web site has it for $129, I will sell it here for $100 plus shipping. PM me if interested.

I also have a Lost Caves of Kroz, #120. It is the last one I have with the original ROM. I will sell it for the same price as the updated ROMS, $70 plus shipping. PM me if interested,

A friend who's a big Hockey nut and I got on the subject of autographs the other day... was talking about how rare it is to get anything signed by the players because of their attitudes and belief system toward those that try to cash in on them. Found it a rather interesting contrast to Baseball that way. Still, these things happen and you're right, does add to the value, but...

Pity, I signed those copies for the fans, not to add to the resale value. :(

Let's look at the positive here ...

1) You're famous! Believe me, NO ONE wants my autograph. ;)

2) You created a game that sold out of all copies and the final existing ones are selling for a premium. A testament to your game.

3) They are being sold by Soulbuster. He's not some schmuck who just signed up on the forums looking to peddle his wares ... he is a fan who has done good things for the community and the hobby. There's at least one CIB game due to his involvement that I'm aware of and he has worked to help bring others to us as well.

• Like 4

Pity, I signed those copies for the fans, not to add to the resale value. :(

You can end the madness by making a few more copies of Christmas Carol ?

I got into Intellivision right when it sold out. Seriously my most wanted game but sadly I can't afford to pay double for it now.

• Like 1

I would love to get a copy of Carol but those prices.

Hey Soulbuster, i did not know Rhino Bucket was still around. I have their first three albums (tapes) in the mid nineties.

The first two CDs are out of print and hard to find. The 3rd was reissued with bonus tracks. Their latest is live from back in the day. They have release 5 albums since the first 3. 3 of them with original material.

What were the changes in Kroz? I did not really noticed it. And to be honest: I wonder if there are any plans to give the updated ROM to the early buyers for free. It doesnt feels right to support something early and get punished for that :/

What was changed? Room 7 was made easier. It proved to be too difficult and most people needed a hint to solve it.

This is nothing 'wrong' with the original version of the game. It plays fine and can be completed. This is no different than when Mattel increased the speed of the tanks in Armor Battle, made Space Battle more difficult, changed the way the steering worked in Auto Racing, changed the way the numbers were entered in Math Fun.

Nobody considers having the original versions as being 'cheated' in any way.

There are no plans to exchange cartridges with the newer version.

You get a free exchange when a game has a glaring defect that slips through QA and is practically unplayable. Or crashes before you can finish it. Or similar. I still haven't played Kroz yet but from the descriptions, it's nothing like the above. It's a very minor tweak to gameplay which is easily replicated via googling a walkthrough.

If people get insistent on free upgrades whenever minor things are tweaked, there's only one outcome: things will no longer get tweaked. And then everyone "suffers".

• Like 1

You get a free exchange when a game has a glaring defect that slips through QA and is practically unplayable. Or crashes before you can finish it.

If you are lucky you do, lol. The first revision of Beggar Prince (translated game sold by Super Fighter team) had major bugs and the only way to fix them was to purchase the game again (second release) with the bug fixes.

If you are lucky you do, lol. The first revision of Beggar Prince (translated game sold by Super Fighter team) had major bugs and the only way to fix them was to purchase the game again (second release) with the bug fixes.

Wow, I think I stay with Zaku from this guys...

You get a free exchange when a game has a glaring defect that slips through QA and is practically unplayable. Or crashes before you can finish it. Or similar. I still haven't played Kroz yet but from the descriptions, it's nothing like the above. It's a very minor tweak to gameplay which is easily replicated via googling a walkthrough.

If people get insistent on free upgrades whenever minor things are tweaked, there's only one outcome: things will no longer get tweaked. And then everyone "suffers".

Exactly. John was insistent that Room 7 was OK and strongly resisted changing it. Unfortunately, it was simply too hard. We could have just said 'screw it' but I felt it important to do a running change. The initial release ROM has no major bugs and can be completed as shipped. For people who simply find they need a hint for Room 7, they can look on Youtube for the solution. In the running change ROM, we feel that Room 7 is more reasonable. We didn't create a variation on purpose.

This game is huge and took months and months and months to test and debug. We were VERY diligent in QA. There is NOTHING wrong with the original. In fact, some might prefer the more challenging Room 7.

I have Kroz #198, so I guess room 7 is going to be super-tough?! Oh well, I haven't gotten anywhere near there yet so I guess I'm in for a treat challenge :D

P.S. This game BLOWS my mind...Long live Intellivision!

Edited by atariron82