IGNORED

WTB: Misc ST cables, and power adapter for SF314

Hi,

I'm looking to buy the following:

- floppy extension data/power cables for HXC (to connect the HxC outside of the ST through the floppy slot)

- DB19 to DB19 hard disk cable for Megafile 30

- cable to connect ST to Commodore 1084(s) monitors: (does this work well ? any difference between connecting to this monitor or conecting to the SC1224 when playing games ?)

- power adapter for SF314 (must be US/Canada version)

Please let me know what you have and how much for it.

Thanks

Hi,

I'm looking to buy the following:

- floppy extension data/power cables for HXC (to connect the HxC outside of the ST through the floppy slot)

- DB19 to DB19 hard disk cable for Megafile 30

- cable to connect ST to Commodore 1084(s) monitors: (does this work well ? any difference between connecting to this monitor or conecting to the SC1224 when playing games ?)

- power adapter for SF314 (must be US/Canada version)

Please let me know what you have and how much for it.

Thanks

best electronics and b&c computervisions has all of that. the cable for the amiga monitor i think is the same cable for the sc1435 atari monitor

NO! Best Electronics and/or B&C Computervisions will - at *best* - perhaps have SOME of that, not all.

First, the floppy extension for data and power for the HxC for connecting outside the ST through the floppy slot. I have done exactly this, some time ago. Best Electronics and B&C (as far as I know) don't sell, support, or even acknowledge the existence of this device, period. Perhaps things have changed (I doubt it), but that's why I started THIS THREAD.....

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/165297-where-to-source-st-floppy-cables-power-extension/

......a few years ago, precisely because they did NOT sell those extensions, nor did just about anybody else. Because Best and B&C don't ever sell (or even talk about/acknowledge) the HxC, you're not going to get any help there. They're interested in selling warehouses full of old, expensive drives that they already have in stock; they're not looking to help you to avoid that technology.

Now, for the sake of completeness, you should probably still read the thread (quoted above) where I ranted about my experience. I just checked with the supplier OF THE POWER EXTENSION and they are still in business. Check this link.....

http://www.performance-pcs.com/floppy-extension-cable-custom-length-sleeved.html

.....and you can order a floppy POWER extension.

Now, as far as the DATA CABLE (34-pin) extension, you're going to find you're pretty-much on your own, as I did a few years ago. The easiest thing to do is just order an Ebay generic floppy drive cable and attach your own MALE connector to it. The 34-pin MALE connector is something of a rarity, as is the floppy power extension, hence the thread that I started years ago.

As far as I can tell, the MALE (34-pin) connector is still available at......

http://www.cablesandconnectors.com/

...... When at that site, enter 9855 (the part number, still. evidently) in the search box and it will come up, looking like this.....

post-16281-0-79590000-1435129308_thumb.png

.....and they're like $4 ea and like $7.50 shipping so order extras, like I did. This is kind of a rare piece. This MALE end will plug into your ST's existing (soldered-on) short 34-pin drive connector. You'll clamp this rare MALE 34-pin connector to a standard PC floppy cable (probably cutting of an extraneous female connector in the process) and thereby construct your floppy cable extension. Combined with the aforementioned power cable, it's just what you need.

I don't understand why nobody - especially Lotharek or whoever else - doesn't offer a combo kit of this type as an option when ordering the HxC, but as far as I know (please correct if I am wrong, whoever!) they don't. This would make for an easy plug-and-play solution. That solution looks something like this......

post-16281-0-83854600-1435130011_thumb.jpg

...... Please forgive the fact that it's connected to an Amiga; the same parts work the same way. I couldn't easily find a picture of my STs connected, but it is exactly the same.

Now, on the matter of the 1084 - beware that there are many versions of 1084/1084s/whatever! I don't own an 1084; I use an Amiga (500) on an Atari SC1224, so I'm going the opposite way. However, read threads like this.....

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/91644-monitor-cable-for-1084s/

....and understand that there are many versions of this monitor (like Atari brand monitor too), which I understand to be a good monitor. You just need to make sure you get the right cable.

Here's one Atari SC1435 monitor that sold recently.......

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1415681107281?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=141568110728&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

..... Does it even look close?

Best of luck to ya!