IGNORED

Where can I find Casten Game Disk?

DEBRO

I bet Gene Ehrich can help you with this. He has a "garage sale" on right now, and has several Antic disks for sale.
Does he have a website?

Check:

http://www.users.voicenet.com/~generic/atari6.html

I also recall that one of the disk-of-the-months (Dec. '88?) contains an expanded version of "Biffdrop".

Go to  

http://www.atarimagazines.com/software/software.html  

for a list of all software and do an edt/find on Casten. Quite a few titles there. I don't know if these are the enhanced versions.

These games weren't published in any magazine. They were only suppose to be on this disk. If you'd like I'll see if I can scan a page of the catalog tonight.

You might also try Gordon Hooper at the Garden City Atari Computer Enthusiasts (Victoria, BC). He has an entire set of Bellcom PD disks, and I'ts a good be that you might be able to find the Casten disk there.
Do you have any contact information?

• 3 weeks later...

I was searching through a bix box 'o disks last night...and found a copy of "The Casten Game Disk"! It does indeed have all the games mentioned ("Nemesis" is sort of a letdown, though) and a nifty "Antic" menu, too. If you PM me your address, I'll make a copy for you (as soon as I can safely do so...my apartment ceiling has sprung leaks, and I don't want to use my equipment until they're fixed. :sad: )

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone else played the nightmare version of Biffdrop? It seems the P/M graphics are wrong. In Biffdrop you had to dodge the birds. In the nightmare edition it seems the birds have turned into ladders :? Also, the eggs look a bit like ladders too.

David, did you see this on your 8-bit? Before I send the disk back I want to run it on my 800XL to make sure the copy didn't fail.

Has anyone else played the nightmare version of Biffdrop? It seems the P/M graphics are wrong. In Biffdrop you had to dodge the birds. In the nightmare edition it seems the birds have turned into ladders :? Also, the eggs look a bit like ladders too.

David, did you see this on your 8-bit? Before I send the disk back I want to run it on my 800XL to make sure the copy didn't fail.

I didn't get a chance to play the "nightmare" version of Biffdrop before sending that disk to you; perhaps the surreal sprites are supposed to be present in the game (e.g. "nightmare" effect?)

And I just want to give credit where credit's due: the real hero in this saga is eBay seller David Fiedorwicz, who sent me (unannounced, and at his own cost) 250 obscure 8-bit disks when I lost one of his other auctions and whined a little. Thanks, David: you're a great guy.

davidcalgary29 sent me his Casten Game Disk and I have made a disk image of it. So for all you J.D. Casten game lovers (you know who you are), here's the disk image.

Enjoy this piece of history.

David, I can't thank you enough for supplying this. I'll send the disk back first thing Friday.

Thank you sooo much for sharing it with us, David(s) and Dennis. :D :thumbsup: