IGNORED

Atari 5200 is displaying antenna tv?

babrasch

I grabbed a 4-port Atari 5200 lot today, and after configuring/fixing the switch box, it worked on my little 13 inch tv. But this tv isn't my primary one, I just didn't have room for the 5200 in my room. I finally found a spot for it, though. I configured the box again, and I switched my primary tv's input to antenna. But for some reason, the 5200 was picking up a tv signal and started playing local tv stations! Just to check that this was the case, I turned my tv off, disconnected the switch box, and then the tv couldn't get a signal. After this, I tried to turn the 5200 on to see if it would override the tv signals, but it didn't. Instead, the show that happened to be on became a little distorted, froze, and made strange sounds. What I thought was the issue was that the power cable was picking up a local signal, but funny enough, I unplugged the system and the tv was still going. Side question, does this mean that I can just put any antenna cable in my tv and it'll play? But more importantly, what can I do to get it to work on my tv? If it helps, it's a ViewSonic 21 inch. I know I could always just keep it in the other room, but I want to know if there's anything I could possibly do to fix this.

If hooked up correctly you should be able to watch tv until you power on the 5200. Sounds like maybe youre on the wrong channel. Does the new tv have an ntsc tuner? Maybe it can only do digital? Double check the cabling just in case

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk