IGNORED

XCOPY from Amiga to TI99 ?

ti99iuc

Hello Guys,

i always thought about a "DiskCopy" program with a graphic interface and nice sounds like the XCopy from Commodore Amiga

post-24673-0-85871100-1435699905_thumb.png

Think you it could be possible to do something like this on TI-99/4A?

i mean not a porting but only a GUI with this style for a DiskUtil Program for TI-99 :)

Edited by ti99iuc

That certainly brings back memories. I used to go to an Amiga software piracy gathering, officialy known as Amiga computer enthusists club, back in the

early 90's. used to take the computer and 14inch tv and spare floppy drive armed with boxes of disks. Those were the days for sure.

I'm not really sure though that what worked for the Amiga would translate well to the TI99/4a. I think the lack of replies on this topic confirms

those suspicions.

I still have the Amiga of course, and despite numerous requests from others at home to throw it out, I never could, and am really glad I didn't.

Edited by Imperious

I still have the Amiga of course, and despite numerous requests from others at home to throw it out, I never could, and am really glad I didn't.

Never let anyone talk you into throwing the Amiga out. Or any other machine, for that matter. The Amiga community is very much alive and thriving, and if you loved it before you will continue to love it today. I have my 4000D tricked out enough for me, though I lack a PowerPC accelerator and PCI back-plane it does have USB 2.0, SVGA video, and is Internet capable..

Same goes for the TI. Active and thriving community, new hardware and software available, new programming tools, the works.