I do have report that the ApeTime module reports the wrong day of the week - I expect Steve's original code for the Atari APETIME might not be Y2K-compliant, but who knows?
I noticed that your screen shot shows the same minus one day offset as I got here when I tested. I was blaming the tdline program.
The time and actual numeric calendar values are correct.
Ah, could be. I didn't even realize the day was wrong, just that the APETIME.COM program was accessing the ApeTime server in RespeQt properly and getting the date/time correct. Regardless of little bugs like the day issue, for a kid who grew up with Atari computers and just knew all along they didn't have a real-time clock, it's a petty cool thing to see them displaying the correct time automagically.
ApeTime does nothing more than provide the number of the day, the month, and the year, and time of course. Any day of the week errors are caused by the client software miscalculating, probably due to incorrect leap year handling or something. a missed leap day would cause an off by one in the day of week calculations. it could be TDLINE day of week stuff was done before a leap year occurred, and now it's wrong.
Bumping this thread for the SpartaDOS 3.2 'tdline.com' y2k issue. I found a corrected version of the program at Boot Factory BBS files section. It works well.http://bf.amfband.com/bffiles.html
The file (ATR format) is also attached to this post for redundancy.