IGNORED

Help: Great picture... under White Static

Sr101

If you connect both, your body provides ground the one that is missing ground. Which one is it? Touch only one of both. Where touching helps, there's the problem. If it is the casing, it probably just has to be attached to the board a bit better (see 2nd picture above).

Else, can you solder? Maybe a simple cable between the casing and the port can help.

Edited by Thomas Jentzsch

Touched the bottom of the board, under the larger casing. Same thing.

If I touch two fingers to the smaller righthand casing, it all goes away. So I used a wire to move the electricity, but it still has quite a bit left... is there any way to stop all of the extra energy?

Basically fixed it! Okay so, I actually randomly decided to attach both ends of the old cable (the original atari cable) to the smaller casing...

IT WORKED?!

Pics of mess: http://i.imgur.com/pQVgczk.jpg

Okay so... it's very long so I need to cut it down... how long do you think it should be? and would cutting it down ruin the connection? thanks!

So just scraping it with sandpaper? I just got an elbow connector so that will likely let the cable fit :P

The outside (metal) part of the RCA connector is the ground connection, it sounds like there is a grounding issue, as has been mentioned. What I meant was, that you could try sanding the outside of the RCA connector inside of the console and see if that helps at all. This would clean off some of the oxidation/rust on it, which is making the bad connection. You may be able to still use the original RCA cable too.

It may not hurt to try cleaning the ground connection on the cable as well, to ensure a good connection. Hope this helps.

Updates so far:

• Touching either/or/all of the right shielding, middle shielding, rca port all but fixes the issue.
  • I connected a wire (the original RCA cable!) both ends to the right side shielding and it fixed the issue! But it was far too long and stopped working when I closed it up.
  • It is almost certainly a grounding issue, which explains all of the electric potential stuff.

This cable will enable you to close the system more normally plus it has RF interference built in, it's what U use, I just hide the BOX end inside the Atari in the dead space so people think it's just the stock cable hehe

Okay so- What you're saying is, I need to find a way to ground this, and the cable won't help that issue...

At least I know it will fit... but ugh... the thin wire I was using didn't really change anything...

Honestly, I don't mind getting an official Atari cable... At least it will be PERFECT in those terms.

Edited by Sr101

Crazy concept here- could the RF to Coax adaptor be stopping the grounding?

Maybe the power cable I bought is too strong?

I tried the thin wire earlier, shall try again asap.

Thanks guys, I'm gonna sleep on it for now, but I'll stick with it till it works!