IGNORED

Official Homebrew Releases [post 125] for HARDCORE Collectors only!

Rev

Lol! As much as I want these, I think that since they weren't for sale publicly they don't make the list. Everything else was available to be bought, even if just in limited amounts.

Christmas Carol vs the World prize especial cartridges were publicly available!

You just needed the right amount of points in your wallet. icon_razz.gif

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

UPDATED 2015/11/13 1:20AM CST

Hard-core Intellivision home-brew collector spreadsheet - 82 entries

Dunno if anyone is interested, but I've attached a spreadsheet I've been working on. It has all of the home-brew Intellivision games in it and their variations that I've been able to discern. It includes released boxes like Wing War and the MTE test cart box, etc. It does not include games that have not yet been released but I do include prototype and demo releases I have become aware of like for "Lost Caves of Kroz" or "Defender of the Crown" since they were "released".

Some examples:

• Four separate 4-Tris entries since there were four 4-tris releases that I am aware of (Intelligentvision, LTO, Original release and Philly Classic)
  • Three entries for D2K (stand-alone cart, upgrade to CIB kit, CIB)
  • Cuttle Cart 3 box-only release
  • Defender of the Crown Demo
  • Two Minehunter releases (Intelligentvision and Elektronite)
  • Game Factory cartridge kit is included
  • None of the yet to be released games are included (Rocketeer, GoSub, etc)
  • Christmas Carol and Christmas Carol (CGE) (what's the difference?)
  • Takeover and Number Jumble are included since they are about to ship (I hope)

You get the idea.

The spreadsheet is missing info that I don't have. Please let me know what to add/remove, what I have in there that is just plain wrong, etc. and I'll re-post an updated version if folks would like. And don't forget to rename the file to ".xlsx" extension or it will not play nice for some of you.

UPDATED 2015/11/13 1:20AM CST - Changed additional cart case types for RR and LOL to Activision thanks to Intymike and added multiple Christmas Carol release information provided by DZ-Jay (Thanks!) taking total Homebrew variation releases (so far) to 82!

Intellivision HB.txt

• Like 3

Hard-core Intellivision home-brew collector spreadsheet - 75 entries

Dunno if anyone is interested, but I've attached a spreadsheet I've been working on. It has all of the home-brew Intellivision games in it and their variations that I've been able to discern. It includes released boxes like Wing War and the MTE test cart box, etc. It does not include games that have not yet been released but I do include prototype and demo releases I have become aware of like for "Lost Caves of Kroz" or "Defender of the Crown" since they were "released".

Some examples:

• Four separate 4-Tris entries since there were four 4-tris releases that I am aware of (Intelligentvision, LTO, Original release and Philly Classic)
  • Three entries for D2K (stand-alone cart, upgrade to CIB kit, CIB)
  • Cuttle Cart 3 box-only release
  • Defender of the Crown Demo
  • Two Minehunter releases (Intelligentvision and Elektronite)
  • Game Factory cartridge kit is included
  • None of the yet to be released games are included (Rocketeer, GoSub, etc)
  • Christmas Carol and Christmas Carol (CGE) (what's the difference?)
  • Takeover and Number Jumble are included since they are about to ship (I hope)

You get the idea.

The spreadsheet is missing info that I don't have. Please let me know what to add/remove, what I have in there that is just plain wrong, etc. and I'll re-post an updated version if folks would like. And don't forget to rename the file to ".xls" extension or it will not play nice for some of you.

attachicon.gifIntellivision HB.txt

Maybe im doing it wrong. I cant open it. Can you convert to a PDF file perhaps?

Maybe im doing it wrong. I cant open it. Can you convert to a PDF file perhaps?

"And don't forget to rename the file to ".xls" extension or it will not play nice for some of you."

EDIT: Should be ".xlsx" extension

It's an Excel-esque spreadsheet. Open it with an Excel compatible spreadsheet application. I use WPS Office on my Windows PC since it is free.

Here's a PDF. Won't be too much fun to look at. :(

UPDATED 2015/11/11 17:05PM CST - won't be updated again since spreadsheet is working for folks

Intellivision HB.pdf

"And don't forget to rename the file to ".xls" extension or it will not play nice for some of you."

It's an Excel-esque spreadsheet. Open it with an Excel compatible spreadsheet application. I use WPS Office on my Windows PC since it is free.

I did what you wrote and tried to open it with excel, but I can't

finally, the pdk works

Edited by intellivotion

Excellent job, KylJoy!!

Considering it's for hardcore collectors only, there's something that could be added/changed. Some need to be confirmed by the actual owners or by the programmers and/or producers, though.

- 4-Tris (I've read on intvfunhouse that 2 Philly Classic 2001 versions exist with different ROM's)

- Christmas Carol (with bug; working well only on NTSC)

- Christmas Carol (with fixed bug, working well on NTSC and on PAL)

- Game Factory (the cartridge kit includes 2 overlays) (I can confirm it)

- League of Light (Mattel shell and strip label) (standard, I can confirm it)

- League of Light (LTO shell and large label) (special, seen here)

- Ms. Pac-Man (I'm not sure, but I guess a second ROM with a fixed bug exists. I think I've read it on this thread)

- Robot Rubble (Mattel shell and strip label) (standard, I can confirm it)

- Robot Rubble (LTO shell and large label) (special, seen here)

Edited by intellivotion
  • Like 1

I need, one DK Arcade, 1 Mine Hunter, 3 Tetris, League of Light, Robot Rubble and I need Game Factory, that was only out for what 5 minutes? Sort of like BLIX? If you count broken and fixed rom I need a Lost Caves with fixed ROM and a few others. I'm too old to be manly man.

Where's Piggy Bank!

• Like 1

- 4-Tris (I've read on intvfunhouse that 2 Philly Classic 2001 versions exist with different ROM's)

- Ms. Pac-Man (I'm not sure, but I guess a second ROM with a fixed bug exists. I think I've read it on this thread)

Updated post #54 at http://atariage.com/forums/topic/241393-official-homebrew-releases-post-125-for-hardcore-collectors-only/page-3?do=findComment&comment=3365711 with your suggestions and made several other fixes/changes. File attached to post #54 includes changes.

If you count broken and fixed rom I need a Lost Caves with fixed ROM and a few others….

Kroz was never broken - but I think the newer copies made one of the puzzles *easier*. Think of it as a running change. The puzzle that was made easier… the one in beta was **way** tougher than the one that shipped, which was tougher than the running change version.

Thanks for the hard work, Phil :thumbsup:

Aaarghhh, the background color... must... change... it......... :grin:

LOL

Lucky for you, it changes as you fill in the information. The pink signifies that something is missing. Ugly? Yep. It screams "BUY SOME EXPENSIVE ESOTERIC COLLECTOR ITEM-TYPE-THING TO MAKE THIS COLOR GO AWAY!"

Excellent job, KylJoy!!

Considering it's for hardcore collectors only, there's something that could be added/changed. Some need to be confirmed by the actual owners or by the programmers and/or producers, though.

Regarding LOL and RR. I think you mistake the LTO shell with the Activision shell.

The CGE version (or the first 20) of Christmas Carol have a clear shell.

Edited by Intymike

Went crazy and spent time I don't have modifying the spreadsheet in post #54 at http://atariage.com/forums/topic/241393-official-homebrew-releases-post-125-for-hardcore-collectors-only/page-3?do=findComment&comment=3365711

I'm sure no one will even notice the difference but I was on a psycho-quest for spreadsheet perfection that can not actually be achieved.

• Tried to put "N/A" wherever it makes sense by default (no overlays, no cart, etc)
  • Added good links for ROM download locations that I was able to find
  • Fixed some formulas at the bottom of the spreadsheet to calculate things like how many of each piece you are missing

Attached to this post is an example of what the sheet looks like with data in it. No, the $$$ are not real. Just rename it with a ".xlsx" extension.

Looking forward to getting to work early tomorrow with little sleep. :)

example.txt

Regarding LOL and RR. I think you mistake the LTO shell with the Activision shell.

You're right, Mike. It's what I meant. It was late in the night when I put down the list.

Then, it was you who first informed me about that variation.... :)

Edited by intellivotion