IGNORED

High Score Competition (April: Starfort)

arcadeshopper

when i was dinking with the game here recently, i found it kind of difficult to use the TI joysticks to shoot diagonally (you can too, but it's super awkward).

This may be the month where I'm compelled to get an adapter and maybe a Slik Stick or an Epyx joystick, haha.

As an aside, I didn't play this game on the TI the first time around, our copy was on the C64- I absolutely LOVE the Synapse games.

People actually USE the TI joysticks?

OK, 60 Hz now ...

The bad thing about Buck Rogers, comparable to Moonsweeper, is that there seems to be nothing to discover after the first minute of gameplay. Compare with TI Invaders, where it took months or years of practise for an average player to advance to new levels.

post-35000-0-36229000-1502022325.png

OK, 60 Hz now ...

The bad thing about Buck Rogers, comparable to Moonsweeper, is that there seems to be nothing to discover after the first minute of gameplay. Compare with TI Invaders, where it took months or years of practise for an average player to advance to new levels.

I just played it, but I do not get the Redo /Back and jumps straight to buck Rogers screen (and score is gone) had around 30000+).

Sent from my VIE-L29 using Tapatalk

I play the one that is included in the games module (option V) in classic 99

I just see there are 2* Buck Rogers. One with speech and normal startup screen and white space ships left top corner. And one green space ships and no introc19113427e1d0a0325edbabbe6f3eed6.jpg7232da99484292cf950a51f9c7a61338.jpg3c8f9f65e7835c71b33c4d4746299a3e.jpg

I'm using the Sinchai Joystick adapter with my trusty Competition Pro. Sadly, I just learned from the Forum64 that the Sinchai shop has closed, obviously for private reasons.

I used to have the Sinchai, but my soldering is not so good and therefore the joystick sometimes disconnected. I still have it somewhere.

I bought these USB adapters and works great: https://joy.sophics.cz/dual-joystick-usb-adapter/ (but if you search in Google there are many other USB to joystick adapters)

Question

(I still need to try Buck Rogers on the real TI, but I am playing in Classic 99)

There are kind of 3 stages per level (colour = level?)

* sometimes when the ship crashes it sets me back to the first stage (in the same level)

and sometimes reaching stage 3, it goes back to 1st stage

* also the Speech is garbling sometimes

* and in the 1st stage if you have to fly in between the poles and there is only 1 pole visible it does not count

Was just wondering if you guys have the same experience?

Otherwise I need to try the other emulators

It looks like there is a 3rd version of Buck Rogers. I am playing around with all the emulators

Do you all have these same sound effects ? (

)

In PC99W CADD emulation it seems to run slower, but the sound effects and speech are different

Score 80212

(after struggling to get the nano-PEB to work... I almost forgot what I wanted to do).

Goal to check the Buck Rogers module on the real TI-99/4A

(the one with the proper title screen / speech and stops after playing to take down the score)

1. the 2048K module has Buck Rogers, but this is the kind of Beta version

2. the Extended Basic V2.7 module has Buck Rogers (press space), but also the beta version

3. I have Buck Rogers on a disk, but also the beta version.

4. I do only have a Flashrom module here (cannot run Grom files), and my FinalGrom is not in my hands

5. only option I have is nano-PEB (or the real-PEB with diskdrives)

>EDIT 5a. I just realized I also have the uberGROM, but never burned a .BIN image myself (but I did the rasmus ones last time)

also will give this one a try to see if it works.

Question how do I get the .BIN or .GRM files converted to a readable format on the TI ?

6. this is a .dsk file I made with the source files

BUCKROGERS.dsk

Not sure if the file formats or names are okay PHM3226, PHM32261, PHM32262 (are the .GRM files)

and PHM3226C, PHM3226G3, PHM3226G4 are the .BIN files

post-39490-0-96844200-1503145316.jpg

I try to load via Editor Assembler option 6 (Run Program file on the Suite 2.7 TI Editor/Assembler)

and also option 5 on a normal EA module.

7. Is there a program that can covert between the file formats? (or is this problem something similar as

the inverted images ? )

8. If there someone who has the full version of Buck Rogers in a .dsk format (to load on nano-PEB)?

Edited by globeron
  • Like 1