IGNORED

Space-themed games

Opry99er

I love space games... I love retro space games... Asteroids, Star Raiders, Parsec..... Love LOVE them.

What are your favorite space games for the TI? Doesn't have to be official cartridge titles or anything like that... I am hoping to find some new favorite titles to play, and so I'll start off with my best titles for the TI. Hopefully your will follow and we can maybe even come up with a comprehensive list?

Here are the first 6 space themed games I could think of off the top of my head for the TI-99/4A. Please add more. :)

* NeverLander

* Parsec

* Star Wars

* TI Invaders

* TI Scramble

* TItanium

Some to add... many of these games are from current Atariage Members (including TI Scramble, TItanium, and Neverlander from the top post)

I really want to get a complete list together and create a small database of JUST the space games, complete with a spreadsheet and my personal high score on each game. :)

* Space Trek

* Space Trap

* Devastator

* Lunar Rescue

* Mars Attack

* Frenzy

* Astromania

* Alien Landing

* Star Dust

* TI Trek (different from Adamantyr's version, but similar in content)

A few pictures, courtesy of Vorticon's "Gameshelf" site...

Strek2.gif

SPACETRAP1.gif

LUNAR2.gif

DEVAST2.gif

My favourites are

* PARSEC (wonderful game steeped in childhood memories of trying to get through that craggy-anal-passage on level 3)

* NEVERLANDER (brilliant game which apparently never lands)

* TI SCRAMBLE (Shows what could have been done if Rasmus had been concieved a little earlier)

* TI INVADERS (really good alternative to the arcade original)

I'm not a big fan of Super Space Acer - graphics are too cluttered for my liking.
:)

Thanks for the contribution, save!

Also forgot Moon Patrol...

Doh! Funny how the mind works sometimes. Posted that while eating lunch and was stuck in a mode where I was imagining the space games in my collection and quite narrowly, the beige only carts for some strange reason. It's why I forgot some of the other obvious titles. :lol:

Cool list so far though! Unaware of some of these titles, so will have to see if any/most of them are on the multi-carts. :love:

Super Demon Attack was one of the first "beige" modules that I got From the US courtesy of my aunt who resides in NYC, I think I got it in the middle of 1984 along with Jawbreaker and a couple of other titles-but i digress. I loved Super Demon Attack but a couple of things always bugged me about it.

1. dodgy collision detection.

2. the game effectively cheated by moving enemies so fast in later levels that they were impossible to destroy(those little sh*ts that fly out of the Pandemonium mother ship being a prime example).

Pretty sure my other favourite space games have already been mentioned.

I will be putting together a comprehensive list of all TI Space games... Here are the Excel columns I plan to use... Let me know if you think I should expand the format.

1) Game Name

2) Format (cart, XB, ASM, etc)

3) Developer (company or individual's name)

4) Year of release

5) Game Type (shooter, lander, strategy, etc)

6) Current High Score (if applicable)

7) Requirements (32k?, etc)

Sad this one hasn't been mentioned yet...

« Mad Marvin's Great Escape »

...it's not original era, but it is an oustanding Lunar Lander clone with excellent sound and graphics. It also offers a fresh twist on the genre. Since purchasing the full version, it has gained a permanent spot in my Top Ten Ti games.

If we're keeping with the 80's though, I never get sick of showing off « Super Demon Attack » (while agreeing with it's shorcomings mentioned by am933) to folks who only remember it from other consoles/computers. It remains one of the most graphically impressive ported games (not to mention the kick-a$$ "personality" sound themes associated with each Demon).

Parsec rocks, but Super Demon Attack still warrants a "Wow!" for animation and sound.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...