IGNORED

5200 HSC Season 8 Round 15 James Bond 007

zylon

We have dug very deep into the library for game #15- James Bond 007. Play on novice level. Emulation is fine, as are custom controls. Pics preferred but not required except for HSC wins and records.

Round ends Sunday, September 20th 2015 @9pm EST

Current HSC record- Bust it for a bonus point!

James Bond 007 -(Novice)
ckirkman 37,500
Final scores:
36,000 darthkur +11
23,700 atariron82 +10
17,150 sdamon +9
9,600 roadrunner +8
8,700 jblenkle +7

James Bond 007 (1983) (Parker Brothers) (U).bin

Edited by zylon

Wow,..has it really been six years since we've played 007? I remember having quite a bit of fun trying to figure this one out along with Noahsmybro, Cafeman and others during Season 2. It was exciting to have just joined up with the HSC, after rebuilding my 5200 collection, which had somehow thru the passage of time/college/life etc., dwindled to a 4-port switchbox, a vhf/coax converter, and a frogger cart!! :) .

I've been getting some of the 'feel' back for this game, which is probably somewhere in the top five Most Challenging titles for the system:

post-21471-0-73825000-1442745758_thumb.jpg

Edited by atariron82

Lots of downloads and few scores means those few clean up nicely in the points. And of the few, darthkur cleaned up the most with a near record matching win. :thumbsup:

Thanks to all who played. Our next round is starting soon...

If interested in our annual OE mini season, be sure to sign up and nominate some games. Our starter thread is already up.

Final scores:
36,000 darthkur +11
23,700 atariron82 +10
17,150 sdamon +9
9,600 roadrunner +8
8,700 jblenkle +7
  • Like 1

Congrats on the win darthkur :thumbsup: . I assume you completed the "For Your Eyes Only " mission and beat the game? I've never reached the sunken ship to retrieve the 'radio equipment'. I remember the frogmen assassins being rather relentless at the start of that mission, and its over pretty quick! The real draw for me is seeing how far I can get. I've pretty much mastered the 1st mission and breeze through it with all lives intact. The second mission is another story. There are so many random variables at work that it's usually 50% luck to get through unscathed. I lose at least two Lotus' just to get to mission three. The random generator is a really cool feature, which adds to the replay value, for me anyways ;-)

Edited by atariron82
  • Like 2

Congrats on the win darthkur :thumbsup: . I assume you completed the "For Your Eyes Only " mission and beat the game? I've never reached the sunken ship to retrieve the 'radio equipment'. I remember the frogmen assassins being rather relentless at the start of that mission, and its over pretty quick! The real draw for me is seeing how far I can get. I've pretty much mastered the 1st mission and breeze through it with all lives intact. The second mission is another story. There are so many random variables at work that it's usually 50% luck to get through unscathed. I lose at least two Lotus' just to get to mission three. The random generator is a really cool feature, which adds to the replay value, for me anyways ;-)

Thanks, Ron. Yes, I "docked" with the sunken ship at the end of the 4th board. Special care has to be taken to only make contact with the circle by the mast to successfully complete the game. If the Lotus touches any other part of the ship the game will end immediately, no matter how many extra lives you might have left.

I tried, but my emulators crashed on this one, even using the A8 rom.

That sucks. I dl'ed the A8 one from Emuparadise just now. Tried it with Atari800Win PLus 4.1 and it crashed the first time. I restarted the emulator and loaded the rom again and was able to play a game clear through.

post-10357-0-31705600-1442944226_thumb.jpg

Here it is if you want to give it a try: JamesBond007.bin

I'm looking into possibly bringing my spare console and the multi-cart down here as it looks like I'll be working here awhile. Space in the car was the issue for the first run down here and now space in my room is the next one.