IGNORED

TANK MISSION for Colecovision & ADAM

digress

Thanks. I'm pleased to be at the finish line. Barring a few touch ups. I'm having the game reviewed by someone amd they'll need a few things touched up. And of course they might decide against publishing it if the testing doesn't go well. We'll see.

I got a bit overwhelmed trying to finish this bloated project so I really needed someone else to handle the publishing this time otherwise I would not ever release it or it would have been a minimal release probably without a box.

or box done with crayons and taped together with masking tape.

tank mission

• Like 6

It doesn't matter to me if this release will have a box or not.. I'm more of a gamer than a collector nowadays, so just a cart only would be fine with me and would also be cheaper. :)

Yeah - I've tried to get this point across to the publishers - with 'ZERO' understanding. Buy a game boxed $50. Buy a game cart only $25.

Box sits on a shelf collecting dust forever....

Game gets played every now and then (or more often)...

What would most(?) collectors/gamers want...? I'd hope 4 games for $100 versus 2 boxed games for the same price.

Then again....

Jeff

• Like 1

CIB vs Cart just kind of depends on the game for me, if I have the option.

With this game, I'd love to see it with a full release, since Digress did such a nice looking job with the box design. Also, this game appears to be pretty loaded with different gameplay sections and such, so a manual would be nice as well.

I feel like we're pretty fortunate Al offers carts at such a fair price in the AA store, but not sure it's as lucrative for publishers to offer a $25 cartridge only option, which could be part of the reason for that.

I'll just be happy to play Tank Mission in some form. Looks unique and fun to me.

Actually your in the wrong collector game system if you don't like the CIBs. The CV side of publishing is pretty much all the CV publishers are very into the whole production of the past games. So it is not like atari or others that just want to make a game and get it out on rom or cart. They love the whole production and are very detailed in that whole experience of publishing, They are not interested in just throwing a game out there on a cart. They like the whole art of doing everything. You want it cheaper then I guess you will have to wait until that game sells out and they eventually release the rom, or get lucky and they run out of boxes and maybe sell a few extra carts. Otherwise you will have to abide by their creative demand of whole complete games with all the extras and pay up.

• Like 2

I think that sounds good. I really don't want to just throw it out there. In this case everything is designed I just am passing the printing production off to someone else. I like making the boxes and manuals. But I like making 1 not nessessarily 50 or more of the same.

But since you mentioned it and I'm not intending of selling anymore of my older, simpler "WAR" game. I'll release the rom for war in a separate thread.

Actually your in the wrong collector game system if you don't like the CIBs. The CV side of publishing is pretty much all the CV publishers are very into the whole production of the past games. So it is not like atari or others that just want to make a game and get it out on rom or cart. They love the whole production and are very detailed in that whole experience of publishing, They are not interested in just throwing a game out there on a cart. They like the whole art of doing everything. You want it cheaper then I guess you will have to wait until that game sells out and they eventually release the rom, or get lucky and they run out of boxes and maybe sell a few extra carts. Otherwise you will have to abide by their creative demand of whole complete games with all the extras and pay up.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

been busy improving the game.

New title screen

tank mission title screen

I also had a tight deadline to release my comic strip book. Will hopefully get back to finishing this now. Need to add a game over screen graphic.

Been having some great help play testing and bug finding with some other members of the forums here. We have greatly improved things but still have some things to work on. Getting very close. now for sure.

• Like 7

been busy improving the game.

New title screen

I also had a tight deadline to release my comic strip book. Will hopefully get back to finishing this now. Need to add a game over screen graphic.

Been having some great help play testing and bug finding with some other members of the forums here. We have greatly improved things but still have some things to work on. Getting very close. now for sure.

Great title screen, congratulations! :thumbsup: ;-)

Edited by Marcus Vinicius Garrett Chiado

The colecovision bitmap mode looks great. The only reason you don't see more high res images has always been the cart rom size. I was always very impressed by the Rocky title screen.

The f18a can do better but I think this looks good too.

• 1 month later...

Cool game. I actually have no idea how I made it. I am looking forward to having it CIB in a few months myself.

You actually did pretty good there, I even have a hard time with the level 3. Thanks for posting the video and doing the play testing. You guys help solve a number of problems. I also owe Tursi for a major techincal fix which I have not forgotten about.

• Like 3

Cool game. I actually have no idea how I made it. I am looking forward to having it CIB in a few months myself.

You actually did pretty good there, I even have a hard time with the level 3. Thanks for posting the video and doing the play testing. You guys help solve a number of problems. I also owe Tursi for a major techincal fix which I have not forgotten about.

Awesome! Can't wait to buy it soon!

• Like 1