IGNORED

Ide card + Ide harddisk setup

mantadoc

I was trying to connect a Ide Harddisk to Ide card , the program can see the harddisk connected ( Modelnumber IC25N030At......) this is the harddisk´s id

what do i do next to make a drive to see /run ,like DSK1, SCS1 ETC ??

attachicon.gifide card.jpg

attachicon.gifide card 2.jpg

Visit Fred's page and download DSR v11 first. V10 has some issues that were corrected.

Do you have an HFDC in the system, and if so, did you create the WDS1.DSR folder and copy the DSR into it? Error 0 usually means the device was not found.

You can load the DSR from DSK1 or DSK2, which I have found to be the simplest option. Once you get things working, copying to the SCSI or HFDC can save time down the road.

Hi.
RMSAAED
there is an error on your screen, I never saw... checked in the manual ?
Somethings going wrong with your card ? so the DSRs like CALL IDEDIR("IDE1.") don´t work.

maybe the harddisk is not found ? Does a PC recognize this IDE-harddisk ?

Try another PEB-slot for the ÌDE-card and another CRU/adress, maybe >1F00

& check the "dialer"-jumper on IDE-Card/PCB - switch in 1-2x around carefully

with the DU2K-Tool 2.x from Fred Kaal you can check for free CRU-entries IIRC
And, if reinserting/seating PEB-Cards, wait this 2 minutes after power is pulled

1. http://www.ti99-geek.nl/
look for the newest versions (IDEDSR11/DU2K-2.0/DM2K-2.6?) click on "site history" and then watch down from the top.

2. if IDEDSR loads (your point here), then reboot and start the DU2K-Utilities

3. with DU2K-Tools, create your partitions on the IDE-drive.... like IDE1 IDE2 ...., and initialize them

4. With Basic-Calls or DM2K from Fred Kaal you should "see" the new drives

I have made a small "manual" for that, but I have to look for..... :)

gQQd
night

• 2 years later...

Can anyone tell me if there was ever a IDE manual produced or at least a best defined set of assembly instructions. I have, I believe gotten two of my three to the point of being able to try them out, but the 4 switchs at the bottom left, elude me, as to their function and what they need to set on. Thierry may have described them, but so far I haven't been able to find that info. Thanks for anyone's help.

Here's the post that has the annotated schematic. Looking at it, only the first two switches have any function. The first one is ON to feed RESET* to the 65271 RTC chip (if you're using that), otherwise, it should be OFF. The second one is ON to enable BOOT (IIRC for the Geneve), otherwise, it is OFF. The last two are don't care, based on what I saw in the schematic, but I would leave them OFF as well.

Edited by Ksarul
  • Like 1

Here's the post that has the annotated schematic. Looking at it, only the first two switches have any function. The first one is ON to feed RESET* to the 65271 RTC chip (if you're using that), otherwise, it should be OFF. The second one is ON to enable BOOT (IIRC for the Geneve), otherwise, it is OFF. The last two are don't care, based on what I saw in the schematic, but I would leave them OFF as well.

Awesome Jim, that clears it up, and yes at least one of them will be used with a Geneve. Good info, thanks.