Photo

.BIN Repository - Images for burning cartridges (3/26/2017)

BLUE GREEN BLACK RED YELLOW

294 replies to this topic

#276 Lee Stewart OFFLINE  

Lee Stewart

River Patroller

• 3,102 posts

Posted Tue Jan 3, 2017 5:49 PM

Thank you for the reply Omega  (I have the extractor), but a good idea not to push them till the bottom (this is the first time doing it)

Maybe for next UberGrom versions it is good to have this flip type on the module as well (flip type PLCC programming socket)

so that it is easier to burn several 49F040s and switch between them  (if the socket is not too big to close the shell of the cartridge) ?

I use a ZIF socket on a black board (ROM only), which is almost certainly a lower form than the flip type PLCC socket, and the clam shell cannot be closed.  That really does not concern me, however, because it is a development board that I use mostly for testing before I let a cartridge loose into the wild.  :grin:

...lee

#277 Ksarul OFFLINE  

Ksarul

River Patroller

• 3,905 posts

Posted Tue Jan 3, 2017 6:48 PM

A flip-type PLCC socket will not fit into the cartridge case--and it will even get in the way of some of the other components on the board if you don't mount it on appropriately-sized pogo pins. I have seen one UberGROM with one mounted, but that was a serious cartridge case/board mod. . .

I usually limit my use of ZIF sockets to the 28, 32, or 42 pin sizes for regular EPROMs. Aries sockets work best here. . .

#278 ti99iuc OFFLINE  

ti99iuc

Stargunner

• 1,110 posts

Posted Wed Jan 4, 2017 4:30 PM

Guys,
i have not resisted.  :P

Attached File  2017-01-04_231746.png   524.14KB   6 downloads   Attached File  2017-01-04_231719.png   1.13MB   4 downloads

if you want create your own it's the label to print :)

Attached File  Cart Labels.jpg   148.62KB   7 downloads

#279 Ksarul OFFLINE  

Ksarul

River Patroller

• 3,905 posts

Posted Wed Jan 4, 2017 6:32 PM

I made some vinyl labels of the last iteration of your label--they came out pretty good. . .

#280 ti99iuc OFFLINE  

ti99iuc

Stargunner

• 1,110 posts

Posted Thu Jan 5, 2017 3:51 PM

I made some vinyl labels of the last iteration of your label--they came out pretty good. . .

The Previous Version was not the final one :P the title was wrong and missing some infos... this is the final version ;)

(Please remember to answer my PMs too :P )

Edited by ti99iuc, Thu Jan 5, 2017 3:52 PM.

#281 helocast OFFLINE  

helocast

Space Invader

• 46 posts

Posted Fri Jan 27, 2017 11:19 PM

I'm glad to see that someone is still thinking about this board!  :thumbsup: 

Besides... my burner is getting lonely just sitting there not being used.   :_(

I got mine today. Not sure what I'm going to do with it after I get through soldering all the pins to the boards that need them ...

Attached Files

#282 Asmusr OFFLINE  

Asmusr

River Patroller

• 2,219 posts

Posted Fri Feb 17, 2017 11:45 AM

Here are some more for indexing.

Attached Files

#283 zetastrike OFFLINE  

zetastrike

Chopper Commander

• 244 posts

Posted Sat Mar 18, 2017 11:59 AM

Is there anything special you have to do to get some of these to run in classic99?  I've DL'ed a bunch of them, but so far only the Atarisoft cart works, sabrewulf and the scrolling trilogy (except scramble) has garbled sprites.  The 1MB and 2MB carts aren't recognized, nor are the regular multi game carts.

#284 arcadeshopper OFFLINE  

arcadeshopper

River Patroller

• 2,132 posts

Posted Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:21 PM

Is there anything special you have to do to get some of these to run in classic99?  I've DL'ed a bunch of them, but so far only the Atarisoft cart works, sabrewulf and the scrolling trilogy (except scramble) has garbled sprites.  The 1MB and 2MB carts aren't recognized, nor are the regular multi game carts.

they should all load as a cartridge in classic99 from the user cart menu..  make sure you have the latest classic99 first, as older version may not support the same filename conventions or cart sizes. inverted carts need a 9 on the end of their filename and noninverted an 8

Greg

#285 Asmusr OFFLINE  

Asmusr

River Patroller

• 2,219 posts

Posted Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:39 PM

War Zone II by Quinton Tormanen is one of the most impressive, smooth scrolling games for the TI, but so far it has only been possible to play it from disk because it consists of more than 20 files.

Attached File  screenshot1.png   6.83KB   3 downloads Attached File  screenshot2.png   7.4KB   2 downloads

Not any longer. :) In the attached version I have joined the files together in a 128K, non-inverted cartridge image and replaced the calls to load from disk with calls to copy from cartridge ROM. It seems to work well, the only problem being that the high-score file can no longer be saved. I have tested that it works on real hardware, but I haven't completed more than a few levels.

This should work directly with the FG99 when it's released. Until then it can be burned to a red cart or an UberGROM cart.

Attached Files

#286 ti99iuc OFFLINE  

ti99iuc

Stargunner

• 1,110 posts

Posted Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:10 PM

Oh dear Rasmus, it's very nice to have on a cartridge !! :D Thanks

maybe it could be possible to do a Quinton Tormanen collection :P lot of his games are very nice.

Edited by ti99iuc, Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:14 PM.

#287 --- Ω --- OFFLINE  

--- Ω ---

--- Ω ---

• Topic Starter
  • 9,761 posts
  • Location:Virgo Supercluster, Gould Belt in the Orion arm of Milky Way galaxy.

Posted Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:13 PM

War Zone II by Quinton Tormanen is one of the most impressive, smooth scrolling games for the TI, but so far it has only been possible to play it from disk because it consists of more than 20 files.

attachicon.gifscreenshot1.png attachicon.gifscreenshot2.png

Not any longer. :) In the attached version I have joined the files together in a 128K, non-inverted cartridge image and replaced the calls to load from disk with calls to copy from cartridge ROM. It seems to work well, the only problem being that the high-score file can no longer be saved. I have tested that it works on real hardware, but I haven't completed more than a few levels.

This should work directly with the FG99 when it's released. Until then it can be burned to a red cart or an UberGROM cart.

Yesssssssssssssssss!  Rasmus, you ARE the man!  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:   ;-)

** EDIT ** Just finished burning it and testing.  Works GREAT!

Edited by --- Ω ---, Wed Mar 22, 2017 3:20 PM.

#288 Tursi OFFLINE  

Tursi

River Patroller

• 4,545 posts

Posted Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:43 PM

Xevious! That's impressive, I never saw this one :)

#289 schmitzi OFFLINE  

schmitzi

River Patroller

• 3,601 posts
  • ToXiC

Posted Thu Mar 23, 2017 3:44 AM

Coool. and I added it to the list. :)

One Question, is it Quinton ´Tormanen´ or ´Tormanean´ ?

Edith: it is ´Tormanen´ ;)

#290 --- Ω --- OFFLINE  

--- Ω ---

--- Ω ---

• Topic Starter
  • 9,761 posts

Posted Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:24 AM

Quinton was a teenager when he wrote that among other games.  He even had an assembly language series in the NOVA (Vancouver, WA) newsletter.  Sadly very few NOVA newsletters survive, or have made it to WHTECH for archiving.  Some of his other games are at the << TIGAMESHELF >>.  

Click the above link and scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page.  The last 5 are Quinton's work.

#291 unhuman OFFLINE  

unhuman

Stargunner

• 1,127 posts

Posted Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:53 PM

Espial is like Xevious, too.  But the colors are awful so it's hard to play.

#292 --- Ω --- OFFLINE  

--- Ω ---

--- Ω ---

• Topic Starter
  • 9,761 posts

Posted Fri Mar 24, 2017 3:52 PM

This should work directly with the FG99 when it's released. 

It does!  :grin:

#293 Asmusr OFFLINE  

Asmusr

River Patroller

• 2,219 posts

Posted Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:07 PM

This should work directly with the FG99 when it's released.

It does!  :grin:

Then the FG99 must be released?  ;)

#294 --- Ω --- OFFLINE  

--- Ω ---

--- Ω ---

• Topic Starter
  • 9,761 posts

Posted Fri Mar 24, 2017 4:12 PM

Then the FG99 must be released?  ;)

Uhhh... not yet... but there will be a two demos of the FinalGROM 99 that day, one of them at Fest West 2017.  :D

#295 Flottmann1 OFFLINE  

Flottmann1

Star Raider

• 74 posts

Posted Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:54 AM

Search an Eprom version of 'Von Drake' ?

Edited by Flottmann1, Wed Apr 12, 2017 9:54 AM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: BLUE, GREEN, BLACK, RED, YELLOW

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users