IGNORED

.BIN Repository - Images for cartridges that require "burning" - (NO LONGER UPDATED OR SUPPORTED)

Omega-TI

Well, the intent is that you don't buy a blank AVR unless you know how to program it....

..., we can put together a little guide. It looks like most programmers can handle the ATMega, so there's really only a couple of steps involved. At the simplest, though, if you are starting from a blank AVR, you can either program just the firmware, then mount it in the TI for the rest (that was the intent, it's the simplest and only needs to be done once), or you can program the firmware and the GROM data at the same time (quicker since there's no TI program stage, but a little more complicated and requires the data to be prepared for this approach). If the AVR isn't blank, you can do the same or just use GROMCFG on the TI side.

Yeah, I'm one of those guys that bought one without having a clue what to do with it. ;) I figured if I bought one when I bought everything else, I'd at least have one on hand when the time came or I needed it.

A guide from starting with a BLANK AVR would be awesome! I agree having the TI do the second makes more sense as it's part of the TI hobby.

I personally believe that more people would get into this stuff if they had a guide or documentation to 'hold their hands' the first couple of times to get them though the unknown learning curve.

I call for a presentation at the Faire on the various boards and how to use them. Everything on-line is fine and appreciated, but at the same time seeing it in-person seems to make the process more relate-able to the average user.

• Like 3

I guess I should add some images here too. What you have here are the images to use with the 512K Red board:

Educational Modules

Games 1

Games 2

Games 3

Games 4

Games 5

Games 6

Utilities 1

Utilities 1 V2 (changes out many of the utilities with V9938/V9958 80-column programs--not for F18A)

Also included are two files for use with the 2048K Yellow boards:

2048K Games 1

1024K Games 3 (Why 3? Because at some point I will also break up the 2048K Games cartridge to make a version for 1024K Games 1 and 2, just to make identical sets).

All of these are the latest versions of the code I use, with the last modification to the 2048K module done just four days before Gazoo left us and joined all of the other great TI programmers who have already left this world we live in.

EducartsRom.bin

Gamecart.bin

Gamecart2.bin

Gamecart3CreepersFixed.bin

053015Gamecart4.bin

Games5.bin

Games6-R3-NoDsk_2015-03-14.bin

512kUtilitiesRom.bin

512kUtilitiesV2_2015-05-17.bin

2megGAMErom_09-18-2015.bin

1megGames08312015.bin

• Like 9

I call for a presentation at the Faire on the various boards and how to use them. Everything on-line is fine and appreciated, but at the same time seeing it in-person seems to make the process more relate-able to the average user.

Ditto on that! I'd add that if at all possible, could someone please make a video, and then upload it to You Tube after 'The Faire'. In In this way, all of us unlucky slobs that can't make it there can at least watch it later.

• Like 1

Could you help with a photo or two for message #1?

Do you have a YELLOW or RED cartridge or both? Would you be willing to take a photo of it? If you could PM a photo in the

1585-1600 X 1035-1060 range, that would be optimum, but I can take larger and reduce the image in size. Also, if you send one, or both, please include the name you want on the photos for credit. --- THANKS!